This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Red Carpet Premiere, Hollywood
|Birth name||Marcus Tyrone Gray|
|Born||September 16, 1981|
|Origin||St. Louis, Missouri U.S.|
|Genres||Christian hip hop|
|Occupation(s)||Rapper, actor, music executive|
|Labels||Clear Sight Music|
|Associated acts||Cross Movement, NF, Lecrae V. Rose, KB|
Marcus Tyrone Gray (born September 16, 1981), known as Flame (often stylized as FLAME), is a Grammy-nominated American Christian hip hop recording artist with Clear Sight Music. He has released eight albums including: self-titled Flame, Rewind, Our World: Fallen, Our World: Redeemed, Captured, The 6th, Royal Flush, and Forward. Flame has been nominated for several Dove and Stellar Awards throughout his music career and Our World: Redeemed was nominated for a Grammy Award.
During his personal time, Flame initially wrote raps as devotionals to God. After converting his devotionals to songs, Cross Movement Records took an interest in supporting Flame in publishing his gospel work through rap music. In 2004, Flame released his debut album with Cross Movement Records. Since then, Flame released 3 more albums and launched his own record label, Clear Sight Music.
His self-titled debut album, Flame, was released in October 2004. In December 2005, Flame released his second album titled, Rewind. On April 17, 2007, Flame released his third album entitled Our World: Fallen, which is the first part of a two part series. On August 7, 2007, the sequel, Our World: Redeemed was scheduled to release, but the date was pushed back to March 4, 2008.
Flame has been featured on radio shows in the United States such as Way of the Master, and in local newspapers such as The Pathway (the Missouri Baptist Convention statewide newspaper), and World (Magazine).
On February 20, 2007, it was announced that Flame's track, "Gotta Notice", from the album Rewind was nominated for the 38th Annual GMA Dove Awards in the category Rap/Hip Hop Recorded Song of the Year. In mid-2007, Flame joined the rest of Cross Movement for their final tour. Our World Redeemed was nominated for a Stellar Award, Dove Award, and Grammy Award. In 2009, Flame was a special guest on Reach Records 116 Clique's tour Don't Waste Your Life.
|2007||Our World: Fallen
|2008||Our World: Redeemed
- Ben Westhoff (2005-09-14). "St. Louis - News - Rap vs. Rapture". Riverfronttimes.com. Retrieved 2011-09-21.
- 38th Annual GMA Dove Awards - Recipients Archived April 4, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- "HIStory Summer Tour Details - Cross Movement Records (CMR) .:: A Trusted Name In Christian Hip-Hop ::". Cross Movement Records. 1997-04-11. Retrieved 2011-09-21.
- Don't Waste Your Life Tour Commercial + Dates Archived March 2, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Clear Sight Music // V.Rose - New Album Droppin' 8-16-11". Clearsightmusic.com. Retrieved 2011-09-21.
- "FLAME to drop 'Captured' December 28th (cover revealed)". Rapzilla. 2010-11-04. Retrieved 2011-09-21.
- "Flame Talks New Label & New Album Details". Rapzilla. 2010-08-11. Retrieved 2011-09-21.
- "Flame: Man On Fire". CCMmagazine.com. Retrieved 2011-09-21.
- "Flame Releases New Album March 6th". Retrieved 2012-01-18.