Fam (TV series)
|Created by||Corinne Kingsbury|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||2 (list of episodes)|
|Running time||21 minutes|
|Original release||January 10, 2019– present|
The series revolves around Clem (Nina Dobrev), a young woman who envisions her life as perfect after getting engaged to fiancé Nick (Tone Bell), and loves her future in-laws Walt and Rose (Brian Stokes Mitchell and Sheryl Lee Ralph). However, her world is turned upside down when her out-of-control teenage half-sister Shannon (Odessa Adlon) moves in.
- Nina Dobrev as Clem, a recently engaged woman who works in event planning for Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Tone Bell as Nick, Clem's fiancé and an associate professor of world literature at NYU
- Odessa Adlon as Shannon, Clem's rebellious 16-year-old half-sister who dropped out of high school and ends up living with her
- Sheryl Lee Ralph as Rose, Nick's mother
- Brian Stokes Mitchell as Walt, Nick's father
- Gary Cole as Freddy, Clem and Shannon's estranged father who is a homicide detective
On May 11, 2018 it was announced that CBS had given the production a pilot-to-series order. The series' creator, Corinne Kingsbury, was also expected to executive-produce alongside Bob Kushell, Aaron Kaplan, Wendi Trilling, and Dana Honor. Production companies involved with the series were slated to include Kapital Entertainment and CBS Television Studios. On July 13, 2018, it was reported that the first season will consist of thirteen episodes.
On November 5, 2018 it was reported that CBS had fired executive producer Bob Kushell for "inappropriate language in the workplace". After Kushnell was fired, it was announced that Joe Port and Joe Wiseman were promoted to executive-produce alongside Kingsbury, Trilling, and Honor.
|No.||Title ||Directed by||Written by||Original air date ||U.S. viewers|
|1||"Pilot"||Scott Ellis||Corinne Kingsbury||January 10, 2019||7.34|
|2||"Freddy Returns"||Victor Gonzalez||Joe Port & Joe Wiseman||January 17, 2019||6.00|
|3||"Stealing Time"||Todd Holland||Stephanie Furman Darrow||January 24, 2019||TBD|
|4||"It's Been A While"||Victor Gonzalez||Bill Martin & Mike Schiff||January 24, 2019||TBD|
The series holds an approval rating of 38% based on 8 reviews, with an average rating of 4.17/10 on Rotten Tomatoes. Metacritic, which uses a weighted average, assigned the series a score of 54 out of 100 based on 7 critics.
|1||"Pilot"||January 10, 2019||1.2/5||7.34||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD|
|2||"Freddy Returns"||January 17, 2019||0.9/4||6.00||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD|
- Wright, Megh (November 28, 2018). "CBS Announces 2019 Premiere Dates for Comedies Fam and Man With a Plan". Vulture. Retrieved January 13, 2019.
- "About Fam". CBS. Retrieved November 5, 2018.
- "Pilot". The Futon Critic. Retrieved December 17, 2018.
- Petski, Denise (May 11, 2018). "CBS Picks Up Comedy Pilot 'Fam' Starring Nina Dobrev To Series". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved November 5, 2018.
- "Fam (CBS) – Listing". The Futon Critic. Retrieved January 3, 2019.
- Ausiello, Michael (November 5, 2018). "Nina Dobrev's New CBS Sitcom Fires Showrunner for Using 'Inappropriate Language in the Workplace'". TVLine. Retrieved November 5, 2018.
- Andreeva, Nellie (November 5, 2018). "'Fam' Showrunner Bob Kushell Let Go From CBS Series Over Inappropriate Language". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved November 5, 2018.
- Welch, Alex (January 11, 2019). "'Mom' adjusts down: Thursday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved January 11, 2019.
- Rejent, Joseph (January 18, 2019). "'Mom' and 'Fam' adjust down: Thursday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved January 18, 2019.
- "(#FAM105) "Stealing Time"". The Futon Critic. Retrieved January 8, 2019.
- "(#FAM103) "It's Been A While"". The Futon Critic. Retrieved January 10, 2019.
- "Fam: Season 1 (2019)". Rotten Tomatoes. Fandango. Retrieved January 16, 2019.
- "Fam: Season 1". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved January 11, 2019.