|Non-free media information and use rationale for Detectives Inc.|
Panel, Detectives Inc.: A Remembrance of Threatening Green ( Eclipse Enterprises, 1980), art by Marshall Rogers
|Purpose of use||
To illustrate the historically significant publication — one of the publishing industry's earliest graphic novels — that is the subject of the article. Graphic novels are a visual medium, and it is difficult if not impossible to properly describe this graphic novel without an illustration of it.
No free alternative available
Though this image is subject to copyright, its use is covered by the U.S. fair use laws because:
- It illustrates an educational article about the graphic novel from which the illustration was taken.
- The graphic novel is historically significant as one of the first modern graphic novels, as discussed within the article.
- The image is used as a primary means of visual identification of the article topic.
- The use of the illustration will not affect the value of the original work or limit the copyright holder's rights or ability to distribute the original. In particular, copies could not be used to make illegal copies of the graphic novel.
- It is a low-resolution image.
- The image is only a small portion of the commercial product.
- It is not replaceable with an uncopyrighted or freely copyrighted image of comparable educational value.
Panel, "Detectives, Inc: A Remembrance of Threatening Green" by Don McGregor and Marshall Rogers
|This image is from a comic strip, webcomic or from the cover or interior of a comic book. The copyright for this image is most likely owned by either the publisher of the comic or the writer(s) and/or artist(s) which produced the comic in question. It is believed that|
- the use of low-resolution images of the cover of a comic book to illustrate:
- the issue of the comic book in question;
- the periodical comic book series of which this issue is a part; or
- the copyrighted comic book character(s) or group(s) on the cover of the issue in question;
- or the use of low-resolution images of a single panel from a comic strip or an interior page of a comic book to illustrate:
- the scene or storyline depicted, or
- the copyrighted character(s) or group(s) depicted on the excerpted panel in question;
- where no free alternative exists or can be created,
- on the English-language Wikipedia, hosted on servers in the United States by the non-profit Wikimedia Foundation,
qualifies as fair use under United States copyright law. Any other uses of this image, on Wikipedia or elsewhere, may be copyright infringement. See Wikipedia:Non-free content and Wikipedia:WikiProject Comics/copyright for more information.
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||22:39, 20 October 2017||290 × 342 (37 KB)||DatBot (talk | contribs)||Reduce size of non-free image (BOT - disable)|
|07:08, 14 July 2011||No thumbnail||368 × 435 (74 KB)||DASHBot (talk | contribs)||Bot: Rescaling Fair Use Image (shutoff)|
You cannot overwrite this file.
The following pages on the English Wikipedia use this file (pages on other projects are not listed):