File:GTAIII LCPD copcar change.jpg
A comparison of cropped pre-release screenshots for Grand Theft Auto III from GameSpot (top) and the official GTA III website (bottom), depicting the same scene. The images depicts different paint schemes for the police car; the former features police cars resembling those of pre-2000 NYPD police cars, while the latter image features police cars resembling those of the LAPD.
GameSpot added the version on top into GTA III's GameSpot entry on September 7, 2001. The bottom image was modified after the September 11, 2001 attacks; the earliest time of change is estimated to be on September 21, 2001. The car in the background appears to remain unmodified.
Licensing: Fair use for Grand Theft Auto III
|This image is a screenshot from a video game, and its copyright is most likely held by the game's publisher or developer. It is believed that the use of low-resolution screenshots
The author asserts that the image qualifies fair use for the following reasons:
- Rockstar North and Rockstar Games have not release game screenshots into public domain.
- The image is necessary to provide a comparison of different versions of screenshots; nothing else.
- The image is not intended to affect the copyright owner's ability to sell the game.
- This image is a collection of screenshots and thus immediately falls in fair use.
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||19:34, 12 July 2017||399 × 250 (22 KB)||DatBot||Reduce size of non-free image (BOT - disable)|
|18:09, 29 April 2006||No thumbnail||600 × 376 (95 KB)||ZS||==Summary== A comparison of a pre-release screenshot for ''Grand Theft Auto III'' (GameSpot ('''above''') and the official ''GTA III'' website ('''below''')), depicting the same scene. The image depicts different paint schemes for police car; the uppe|
- You cannot overwrite this file.