File:Portrait of Cesar Chavez by Manuel Gregorio Acosta, 1969.jpg
Fair use in Manuel Gregorio Acosta
Though this image is subject to copyright, its use is covered by the U.S. fair use laws because:
- This is a historically significant work that could not be conveyed in words.
- Inclusion is for information, education, and analysis only.
- Its inclusion in the article(s) adds significantly to the article(s) because it shows a major type of work produced by the artist.
- The image is a low resolution copy of the original work and would be unlikely to impact sales of prints or be usable as a desktop backdrop.
- It is not replaceable with an uncopyrighted or freely copyrighted image of comparable educational value.
- The painting is in a private collection.
|This image is of a drawing, painting, print, or other two-dimensional work of art, and the copyright for it is most likely owned by either the artist who produced the image, the person who commissioned the work, or their heirs. It is believed that the use of low-resolution images of works of art
qualifies as fair use under United States copyright law. Any other uses of this image, on Wikipedia or elsewhere, might be copyright infringement. See Wikipedia:Non-free content for more information.
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||01:01, 16 October 2017||268 × 372 (19 KB)||DatBot||Reduce size of non-free image (BOT - disable)|
|06:58, 27 October 2007||No thumbnail||345 × 480 (39 KB)||Wmpearl||Portrait of Cesar Chavez by Manuel Gregorio Acosta, 1969 === Fair use in Manuel Gregorio Acosta === Though this image is subject to copyright, its use is covered by the U.S. fair use laws because: # This is a historically significant work t|
- You cannot overwrite this file.