File:The Rose 1979.jpg
The_Rose_1979.jpg (257 × 388 pixels, file size: 15 KB, MIME type: image/jpeg)
Fair use rationale
For an article about a film, the original theatrical advertisement poster is one of the most important images that could be included. Various posters and advertisements have been produced over the years to promote this film, however this is the original artwork, intended by 20th Century Fox for wide distribution.
It is believed the use of this image in the article The Rose (film) is covered by the "fair use" legal doctrine because:
- This image is being used to illustrate the film which is the topic of this article.
- Its use in Wikipedia is for nonprofit educational purposes only and does not detract from the original work.
- It is of much lower resolution than the original poster (copies made from it will be of very inferior quality).
- It does not limit the copyright owner's rights to market or sell the work in any way.
- No free or public domain images have been located for this film poster.
|This image is of a poster, and the copyright for it is most likely owned by either the publisher or the creator of the work depicted. It is believed that the use of scaled-down, low-resolution images of posters
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||09:38, 4 November 2017||257 × 388 (15 KB)||DatBot||Reduce size of non-free image (BOT - disable)|
|10:42, 10 March 2010||No thumbnail||325 × 491 (24 KB)||DASHBot||Bot: Rescaling Fair Use Image (shutoff)|