TowerShadows1.jpg (256 × 388 pixels, file size: 35 KB, MIME type: image/jpeg)
Fair use in Tower of Shadows
Though this image is subject to copyright, its use is covered by the U.S. fair use laws because:
- It illustrates an educational article about the comic book from which the cover illustration was taken.
- The image is used as the primary means of visual identification of the article topic, the comic book series Tower of Shadows.
- The use of the cover will not affect the value of the original work or limit the copyright holder's rights or ability to distribute the original. In particular, copies could not be used to make illegal copies of the book.
- It is a low resolution image.
- The image is only a small portion of the commercial product.
- The comic book is copyrighted, so the image is not replaceable with an uncopyrighted or freely copyrighted image of comparable educational value.
|This image is from a comic strip, webcomic or from the cover or interior of a comic book. The copyright for this image is most likely owned by either the publisher of the comic or the writer(s) and/or artist(s) which produced the comic in question. It is believed that|
qualifies as fair use under United States copyright law. Any other uses of this image, on Wikipedia or elsewhere, may be copyright infringement. See Wikipedia:Non-free content and Wikipedia:WikiProject Comics/copyright for more information.
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||04:06, 2 April 2013||256 × 388 (35 KB)||Theo's Little Bot||Reduce size of non-free image (BOT - disable)|