Optiv (Cybersecurity Company)
||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (March 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (December 2012)|
|Predecessor||Accuvant and FishNet Security|
|Founded||2015 (formed from the merger of Accuvant and FishNet Security)|
|Headquarters||Denver, Colorado, United States|
|Services||Cyber Security Services|
Number of employees
Optiv Security ("Optiv") is a privately owned information security company based in Denver, Colorado, United States. Optiv is a comprehensive pure-play cyber security solutions provider in North America.
Optiv helps businesses, governments and educational institutions plan, build and run successful security programs through the right combination of products, services and solutions related to security program strategy, enterprise risk and consulting, threat and vulnerability management, enterprise incident management, security architecture and implementation, training, identity and access management and managed security.
Optiv has served more than 7,500 clients in more than 70 countries over the past three years. These clients are various sizes across multiple industries, including Fortune 500 companies. Optiv maintains partnerships with more than 350 of the leading security product manufacturers.
On November 5, 2014, security firms Accuvant and FishNet Security announced that they would join forces to create a new, yet to be named company. The merger would create a roughly $1.5 billion information security giant with solutions covering nearly every aspect of cyberdefense.
The merger was completed on February 2, 2015 when the company announced that the previously announced transaction had closed. The new company was owned primarily by the Blackstone Group, a private equity firm that acquired a majority stake of Accuvant in March 2014.
On April 21, 2015, Accuvant and FishNet Security announced plans to launch their new, combined corporate name and brand, and to begin conducting business as Optiv Security in summer 2015.
During the Black Hat USA 2015 conference, on August 5, 2015 Accuvant and FishNet Security announced that it had completed its transformation merger and was now conducting business as Optiv Security. It also launched its new brand at the conference.
- October 2016: Two Palo Alto Networks NextWave 2016 awards: Professional Services Partner of the Year for the Americas and Excellence in Support for the Americas
- September 2016: Named Colorado’s top company in the technology, software and communications industry by ColoradoBiz magazine
- September 2016: Named to Inc. 5000, a ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies in North America
- August 2016: Ranked on The Channel Company's 2016 CRN Fast Growth 150
- June 2016: Ranked number 25 on The Channel Company's 2016 CRN Solution Provider 500
- January 2016: 2015 Bit9 + Carbon Black Best National Partner Award
- October 2015: Ranked on The Channel Company's 2015 CRN Fast Growth 150 list
- August 2015: Palo Alto Networks 2015 Americas Partner of the Year
- "Accuvant, FishNet Security Agree to Merge | SecurityWeek.Com". www.securityweek.com. Retrieved 2016-11-07.
- Novinson, Michael. "Blockbuster: Accuvant-FishNet Deal Creates $1.5B Global Security Power". CRN. Retrieved 2016-11-07.
- "Accuvant and FishNet Security Complete Merger | Business Wire". www.businesswire.com. Retrieved 2016-11-07.
- Newswires, Dow Jones. "Blackstone Group backing merger of two cybersecurity companies – The Denver Post". Retrieved 2016-11-07.
- "Accuvant, FishNet to Become "Optiv Security" | SecurityWeek.Com". www.securityweek.com. Retrieved 2016-11-07.
- Kuranda, Sarah. "Merger Complete: Optiv Security Officially Launches As Security Solutions Powerhouse". CRN. Retrieved 2016-11-07.
- "Optiv Security Honored With Two Palo Alto Networks NextWave 2016 Partner of the Year Awards | Business Wire". www.businesswire.com. Retrieved 2016-11-07.
- "Optiv Security Grabs Top Company Award by ColoradoBiz Magazine - NASDAQ.com". NASDAQ.com. Retrieved 2016-11-07.
- "The Complete Inc. 5000 List of America’s Fastest-Growing Companies". Inc.com. Retrieved 2016-11-07.
- jcaponi. "2016 Solution Provider 500 - Page 1 | CRN". CRN. Retrieved 2016-11-07.
- "Bit9 + Carbon Black Honors Optiv With Top Partner Award for Fourth Consecutive Year". Retrieved 2016-11-07.
- Whiting, Rick. "A Quick Study: The 2015 Fast Growth 150". CRN. Retrieved 2016-11-07.
- "Recognizing the Best of the Best - Palo Alto Networks Blog". Palo Alto Networks Blog. 2015-08-19. Retrieved 2016-11-07.