Fleischman and Fleischmann are common family names which mean "butcher" in German. Other names which have the same meaning include Fleischer, Boucher, Metzger and Resnick. Names with similar or derivative meanings include Schechter and Schlechter.
Fleischmann is the surname of:
- Aloys Fleischmann (1910–1992), Irish composer and musicologist
- Aloys Fleischmann (1880–1964), German composer and organist, lived and died in Ireland
- Arthur Fleischmann, Slovak-born sculptor, pioneer of Perspex sculpture
- Bernhard Fleischmann, Austrian musician, usually known as B. Fleischmann
- Charles Louis Fleischmann, innovator who developed the commercial usage of yeast for baking bread
- Elisa Fleischmann, Italian ski mountaineer
- Gisi Fleischmann, Zionist activist
- Johann Anton Friedrich Fleischmann, pianist and composer
- Julius Fleischmann, mayor of Cincinnati
- Mark Fleischmann, a British actor.
- Martin Fleischmann, chemist best known for his work with Stanley Pons on cold fusion
- Peter Fleischmann, a German film director.
- Robert Fleischman, an American musician
- Rudolf Fleischmann, physicist. Also spelt as Rudolph Fleischmann
- Tomáš Fleischmann, a Czech professional ice hockey player with the Colorado Avalanche of the National Hockey League
- Adam Fleischman, restauranteur and founder of American hamburger chain
- Sid Fleischman, children's book and film writer
- Joel Fleischman, a fictional central character of the television series Northern Exposure
- Paul Fleischman, an American children's author
- Jiří Fleišman (born 1984), a Czech football defender
- Fleischmann's Vodka, gin, and whiskey.
- Fleischmann's yeast
- Fleischmanns, New York, a village located in Delaware County
- Fleischmann–Pons experiment concerning cold fusion
- Fleischmann (model railroads), a German company that produces model railroad models and equipment
- Fleischmann (band) was a band from Germany that pioneered (amongst others) the Neue Deutsche Härte style