Flying Fish (TV series)
|The Flying Fish
|Genre||Modern Sports Drama|
|Starring||Wang Xiang Qin
Ang Teck Bee
|Country of origin||Singapore|
|No. of episodes||8|
|Running time||60 Minutes|
|Original network||SBC 8th Frequency (Now MediaCorp Channel 8)|
|Picture format||576i PAL|
Flying Fish (Chinese: 小飞鱼; literally: "The Little Flying Fish") is an 8-episode Singaporean television drama series produced by Singapore Broadcasting Corporation (now MediaCorp) in 1983. It revolves around the travails of an aspiring teenage swimmer and is considered one of the first locally produced "idol dramas".
- Wang Shuqi (portrayed by Wang Yuqing)- A 17-year-old whose interest lies not in studying and preparing for University, but in swimming. This passion comes much to the chagrin of his father, who strongly believes that if Shuqi does not enter a university, it would bring immense shame to him and the family.
- Chen Shuyu (陈书宇, portrayed by Ang Teck Bee)
- Chen Baoer (portrayed by Maggie Teng)
- Splash to Victory, a 1989 Singapore Broadcasting Corporation series that revolved around two swimming sisters.
- The Champion, a 2004 MediaCorp TV series that revolved around two professional swimming teams.
- No Limits, a 2010 Mediacorp TV series that revolved around two swimming sisters who were born by the same mother and different fathers, one being Flying Fish's daughter.
|This Singaporean television-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This drama television program–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|