Food Safety Promotion Board
The Food Safety Promotion Board (Irish: An Bord um Chur Chun Cinn Sabháilteachta Bia; Ulster-Scots: Tha Mait Safétie Fordèrin Boord or The Meat Sauftie Forder Buird), trading as safefood, is the body responsible for the promotion of food safety in the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland. It is one of the six originally planned cross-border (all Ireland) bodies set up following the Good Friday Agreement.
Its functions, as proscribed in law (British Irish Agreement Act 1999, annex I, part 2), are:
- Promotion of food safety
- Research into food safety
- Communication of food alerts
- Surveillance of foodborne disease
- Promotion of scientific co-operation and laboratory linkages
- Development of cost-effective facilities for specialised laboratory testing.
|This article about an organisation in Ireland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an organisation in Northern Ireland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|