(Redirected from Free electron gas)Jump to navigation Jump to search
The meaning of the term free electron in physics depends on the context. It may refer to:
- Electron, as a free particle.
- Charge carrier, as carriers of electric charge.
- Valence electron, as an outer shell electron that is associated with an atom.
- Valence and conduction bands, as a conduction band electron relative to the electronic band structure of a solid.
- Fermi gas, as a particle of a non-interacting electron gas.
- Free electron model, as a particle in the Drude-Sommerfeld model of metals.
- Free-electron laser, as a particle in the electron beam.
- Free electron pair
- Nearly free electron model
- Orbital angular momentum of free electrons
- Unpaired electron
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Free electron.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.