Gareth Williams (musician)
||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Gareth Williams is a Canadian musician and songwriter from Winnipeg, Manitoba. He has his name attached to over a dozen records and EPs that were released in the early and mid-2000s. He is known for the mixture of sweetness and darkness that pervades his lyrics.
His major project during this period was The Horribly Awfuls, with whom he made five records in four years. He also did a number of smaller projects with friends and collaborators, including two split solo records with Tyler Shipley, a split solo EP with Matt McLennan, a collaboration with Kevin Scott and a split-cassette with Boat!. In addition, he made a four-song EP with a band called Sacred Feminine in Wrexham, Wales, and appeared as a guest on countless projects including The Consumer Goods, Cone Five, and The Poets.
In addition to being a musician, Gareth has also operated a small independent music label called Grumpy Cloud Records which currently releases most work by Gareth and his close friends. He currently lives in Calgary, Alberta and is working on a new project called The Pantymelters.
- 2007 - The Horribly Awfuls - The Untimely Death of...
- 2006 - Gareth Williams and Tyler Shipley - Thanks For Nothing, Mucho Windbag
- 2006 - Gareth Williams and Kevin Scott - Balls, Balls, Balls, Volume 1
- 2006 - Gareth Williams and Matt McLennan - A Fawn Portrait...
- 2005 - The Horribly Awfuls - If the Night don't Bite?
- 2005 - Gareth Williams and Tyler Shipley - Self Doubt and Gospel Shout!
- 2005 - The Sacred Feminine - All Praise Be the Dry Hump EP
- 2004 - The Horribly Awfuls - Le Perve Calamity
- 2004 - Gareth Williams - Choose a Side, The Wrong Side
- 2004 - Bridge and Stick/Boat! - Split Cassette
- 2003 - Gareth Williams - The Answer Is There Is No Answer
- 2003 - The Horribly Awfuls - We Fight Like the Crips and Bloods
- 2003 - The Horribly Awfuls - Spring Has Sprung