|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Studio album by Gasolin'|
|Recorded||August 1973 at Rosenberg studio, Copenhagen|
|Producer||Roy Thomas Baker|
|Singles from Gasolin' 3|
Gasolin' 3 was the third album from Danish rock band Gasolin', released in November 1973. It was the band's first album to be produced by Roy Thomas Baker. Gasolin' 3 was recorded in Rosenberg Studio in Copenhagen with Freddy Hansson as sound engineer.
The influence of Roy Thomas Baker is noticeable. The sound is more dynamic than on the two previous albums, especially the drum sound. Musically the songs are more heavy and hard-hitting and also more professional and commercial compared to the previous two albums. Furthermore, the moog synthesizer was introduced by Franz Beckerlee in songs such as "Rabalder" and "Sju-bi-du-bi-mand". With this album Gasolin achieved superstar status in Denmark.
The tracks "Det var Inga, Katinka og Smukke Charlie på sin Harley" / "Jeg er splittergal" and "Bessefar" / "Smukke Linda" were released as singles. In 1974, Gasolin' 3 was released with English lyrics as Gasolin'.
- "Smukke Linda" (Gasolin', Mogens Mogensen) – 4:58
- "Rabalder" (Kim Larsen, Wili Jönsson, Franz Beckerlee) – 2:28
- "Katten" (Larsen, Jönsson, Beckerlee, Mogensen) – 2:50
- "Jeg troede jeg var" (Larsen, Jönsson, Beckerlee, Mogensen) – 3:13
- "Bobo's sang" (Larsen, Jönsson, Beckerlee, Mogensen) – 4:05
- "Det var Inga, Katinka og Smukke Charlie på sin Harley" (Tommy Pedersen, Gasolin', Mogensen) – 2:51
- "Jeg er splittergal" (Larsen, Jönsson, Beckerlee) – 3:15
- "Cafe Paradis" (Gasolin', Mogensen) – 4:14
- "Bessefar" (Larsen, Jönsson, Beckerlee, Mogensen) – 2:12
- "Sju-bi-du-bi-mand" (Gasolin') – 5:54
- Kim Larsen – vocals, rhythm guitar, lead guitar on "Det var Inga, Katinka..." and "Bobo's sang"
- Franz Beckerlee – lead guitar, moog, vocals, bass on "Jeg er splittergal"
- Wili Jønsson – bass, piano, organ, vocals
- Søren Berlev – drums, percussion
The cover image is a painting by Tage Hansen which was used without his approval. When he learned about the usage he offered approval after the fact for the price of two copies of the album, which he did receive. In 2010 it was announced that the album cover image will be used for a postage stamp after a vote among listeners of Danish Broadcasting Corporation.
-  Gasolin får sit eget frimærke