Generalized Anxiety Disorder 7
|Generalized Anxiety Disorder 7 item|
Generalized Anxiety Disorder 7 (GAD-7) is a self-reported questionnaire for screening and severity measuring of generalized anxiety disorder (GAD). GAD-7 has seven items, which measure severity of various signs of GAD according to reported response categories with assigned points (see below). Assessment is indicated by the total score, which made up by adding together the scores for the scale all seven items.
GAD-7 is a sensitive self-administrated test to assess generalized anxiety disorder, normally used in outpatient and primary care settings for referral to psychiatrist pending outcome. However, it cannot be used as replacement for clinical assessment and additional evaluation should be used to confirm a diagnosis of GAD.
The scale uses a normative system of scoring as shown below - [bullet points of answer options and points assigned] - with question at the end qualitatively describing severity of the patient's anxiety over the past 2 weeks.
- Not at all (0 points)
- Several days (1 point)
- More than half the days (2 points)
- Nearly every day (3 points)
- Spitzer, Robert L.; Kroenke, Kurt; Williams, Janet B.W.; Löwe, Bernd (22 May 2006). "A brief measure for assessing generalized anxiety disorder: The GAD-7". Archives of Internal Medicine. 166 (10): 1092–7. doi: . PMID 16717171.
- Swinson, Richard P. (December 2006). "The GAD-7 scale was accurate for diagnosing generalized anxiety disorder". Evidence-Based Medicine. 11 (6): 184. doi:10.1136/ebm.11.6.184. PMID 17213178. (Subscription required (. ))
- Kroenke, Kurt; Spintzer, Robert L.; Williams, Janet B.W.; Monahan, Patrick O.; Löwe, Bernd (6 March 2007). "Anxiety disorders in primary care: prevalence, impairment, comorbidity, and detection". Annals of Internal Medicine. 146 (5): 317–25. doi:10.7326/0003-4819-146-5-200703060-00004. PMID 17339617. (Subscription required (. ))
- Löwe, Bernd; Decker, Oliver; Müller, Stefanie; Brähler, Elmar; Schellberg, Dieter; Herzog, Wolfgang; Herzberg, Philipp Yorck (2008). "Validation and standardization of the Generalized Anxiety Disorder Screener (GAD-7) in the general population". Medical Care. 46 (3): 266–74. doi:10.1097/mlr.0b013e318160d093. PMID 18388841. (Subscription required (. ))
|This psychiatry-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|