Genesis (Matthew Shell and Arun Shenoy song)
|Single by Matthew Shell and Arun Shenoy|
|Label||MTS Music / Narked Records|
|Songwriter(s)||Ian Cameron, Matthew Shell, Arun Shenoy|
Genesis is an instrumental jazz single released by Matthew Shell and Arun Shenoy on April 25, 2013. It features the Canadian violinist Ian Cameron and guest musicians from around the world. In an interview on Hybrid Jazz by Trish Hennessey, Shenoy talks about The Violin Song (from Shenoy’s album Rumbadoodle) being an inspiration for Shell to reach out to Shenoy, for the song originally written by Shell and based on a funk piano and guitar groove. The accompanying music video was created by Jason Baustin, of Travestee Films  by combining footage from the recording sessions in Armenia, India, Germany, and various locations in the U.S.
|1.||"Genesis"||Ian Cameron, Matthew Shell, Arun Shenoy||4:56|
Production and Personnel
The following personnel were involved in the recording 
- Matthew Shell - Arranger, Composer, Engineer, Mixing, Primary Artist, Producer
- Arun Shenoy - Arranger, Composer, Primary Artist
- Ian Cameron - Composer, Violin
- Vahagn Stepanyan - Keyboards, Piano
- Sebastian Wyrobisch - Drums
- Teo Lee - Bass
- Jonathan Wesley - Arranger, Keyboards, String Arrangements
- Alexander Brusencev - Drum Engineering
- Emily Lazar - Mastering
- Conrad Osipowicz - Engineer
- Jason Baustin - Editing, Video Director
- Arun Shenoy
- Matthew Shell
- "Genesis - Single". iTunes.
- "Genesis release on Narked Records".
- "Interview with Arun Shenoy & Matthew Shell on Hybrid Jazz".
- "Music video of Genesis by Travestee Films".
- "Politics of Fashion - Official website".
- "Politics of Fashion on IMDB".
- "Politics of Fashion on Global bass experience".
- "Genesis - Overview on Allmusic.com".
- "Genesis Credits on Allmusic.com".