This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Birth name||Amber Lily Solberg|
January 18, 1997 |
Los Angeles, California
|Genres||Pop, R&B, Hip-Hop, Dance|
|Occupation(s)||Singer, actress, dancer|
|Instruments||Vocals, piano, Acoustic Guitar|
|Labels||Island Def Jam Digital Distribution|
Amber Lily Solberg (born January 18, 1997), better known as simply Amber Lily, is an American singer, actress, and dancer from San Francisco, California.[non-primary source needed] She was featured on Radio Disney's "Next Big Thing", or "N.B.T.".
Early life and first studio album (1997-2008)
Amber Lily Solberg was born on January 18, 1997 near Los Angeles, California, to parents Eric Solberg and Maria Elena Baduria. She is half Norwegian and half Filipino. Solberg began singing at the age of 5, where she sang Christina Aguilera's song "Reflection" at her school's first grade talent show. Later on, at age 7, she starred in her first musical theater production. On August 8, 2008, she released her first full-length album, Amber Lily, which contained 9 original songs, each co-written by Solberg and Simone Sello, who produced the entire album.[non-primary source needed]
Radio Disney's Next Big Thing (2009-2010)
Amber Lily was a featured artist on Disney's "Next Big Thing", or "N.B.T", alongside 4 other acts, which were announced late 2009. Two original singles were featured on the show: "2 2 2 L8" and "Next To You." They were later featured on her second album, Coming to Life. Amber Lily did not win the competition, but has been featured on Radio Disney's channel, the same thing happens with Alex Cook and "N.B.T." winners, Nigel Pilkington, Dan Russell and Emma Tate.
Record deal (2010-present)
Amber Lily was signed to Island Def Jam Digital Distribution in late 2010 or early 2011. With them she recorded her second album Coming to Life, which was released on June 7, 2011. The album contains 13 original tracks, including the two singles from Radio Disney's "Next Big Thing": 2 2 2 L8 and Next To You.
On August 7, 2011, she released a single, entitled Overloadin', which was written by herself and Ben Charles. A music video was released on October 20, 2011, and was directed by DJ Cosgrove. The video includes cameos from So Random! stars Allisyn Ashley Arm and Audrey Whitby. The song has also been featured on Radio Disney. On March 3, 2012 Amber Lily debuted another new song, Don't Know What To Do. The music video was released on February 24, 2012. The song is currently playing on Radio Disney. She is also currently working on a second EP.
In 2012, she auditioned in San Francisco, CA for the second season of The X Factor, singing Starships by Nicki Minaj. All four judges said yes. She made it through to the Bootcamp round, but was eliminated in the last round of it.
- Amber Lily (2008)
- Coming to Life (2011)
- Girls (2008)
- "2 2 2 L8" was released on January 18, 2011. The song was written exclusively by Simone Sello and Rich Dickerson for Radio Disney's "Next Big Thing"
- "Next To You" was released on January 18, 2011, also for Radio Disney. It was written by Amber Lily Solberg and Simone Sello.
- "I'm Into It" was also released on January 18, 2011, but played no part in Radio Disney. It was featured on ABC Family's Original Movie Christmas Cupid. "I'm Into It" was written by Simone Sello and Rich Dickerson.
- "Overloadin'" was released August 7, 2011, and was written by Solberg herself and Ben Charles (who also produced it). It was mixed by Brian Malouf. The music video for "Overloadin'" was directed by DJ Cosgrove.
- "Don't Know What To Do" is the latest single by Amber Lily. It was written by Amber Lily, Ben Charles, and Brian Malouf. It was also produced by Ben Charles and mixed by Brian Malouf. The music video premiered on February 24, 2012. The song was released on March 3, 2012. The video was filmed in Malibu, California. It was directed by DJ Cosgrove.
- Shine On! Volume One is a charity compilation CD that includes two songs featuring Amber Lily, released on September 30, 2011. It was made to help a children's organization, called "The Tyler Foundation for Childhood Cancer." The songs by Amber Lily are "Tanuki" and "Play With Me." "Play With Me" features background music by Gordon Goodwin’s Big Phat Band.
- Shake It Up: Live 2 Dance is the second soundtrack for Disney Channel Original Series Shake It Up, and was released on March 20, 2012. It features one song by Amber Lily called "Turn It On." It was written by Ben Charles and Tony Ghantous. It was featured in the series' episode for season two "Shrink It Up."
- "About Me". AmberLily.com. 2011-07-08. Retrieved 10 December 2011.
- "Pinay teen on Radio Disney's Next Big Thing". ABS-CBN News. ABS-CBN Corporation. September 28, 2010. Retrieved 10 December 2011.
- "Amber Lily". AmberLily.com. July 2008. Retrieved 10 December 2011.
- "Coming to Life". Amazon. Retrieved 11 December 2011.
- "Overloadin' - Single". Amazon. Retrieved 11 December 2011.
- "Don't Know What To Do - Single". Amazon. Retrieved 7 March 2012.