Glynnis Talken Campbell
Glynnis Campbell at Campbell Castle near Dollar, Scotland 2014
|Born||Glynnis Gail Talken
Chico, California, U.S.A.
|Pen name||Glynnis Campbell, Sarah McKerrigan, Kira Morgan|
|Occupation||Author, Voiceover, Composer, Musician|
|Citizenship||United States of America|
|Alma mater||California State University, Chico|
|Spouse||Richard Campbell (1983–present)|
Glynnis Talken Campbell is an American romance author, composer, musician and voiceover artist, and is married to bass guitarist Richard Campbell. Glynnis Campbell studied music at California State University, Chico. Her first romantic novel, My Champion, was nominated for a Romance Writers of America's RITA award for Best First Book, and in 2009 was awarded "Book Buyers Best" Historical Romance for her novel Danger's Kiss, written under the pen names Sarah McKerrigan and Kira Morgan.
After college, Glynnis Talken joined the Los Angeles-based all-girl rock band The Pinups, signed to CBS records. After a short time, she left the band, but quickly found work doing voice-overs while composing music scores with her husband for Coronet Films. She was given the role of Julie Winters in an MTV animated series based on a graphic novel called The Maxx. Campbell has said the staff of computer games company Blizzard Entertainment saw this performance and requested her services to add voice-overs for a collection of characters from Diablo and StarCraft. Her moody work with the voiceover for Sarah Kerrigan was instrumental in setting the game's atmosphere and for developing the plot. A Womengamers.com online review of computer game characters gave the voice an 8.4/10 rating and described the character as "one of the best-sounding women ever to come out of a computer game".
Besides voice acting, Campbell is a historical romance novel writer, and has been nominated for a number of literature awards. After joining Warner Books as her new publisher during late 2005, the publisher asked her to change her pseudonym of Glynnis Campbell. She chose the book writer pseudonym: Sarah McKerrigan, in homage to her StarCraft voice acting. She published Lady Danger in April 2006, Captive Heart in October 2006, Knight's Prize in May 2007, and Danger's Kiss in May 2008, using her Sarah McKerrigan pseudonym.
In 2010, Campbell started writing under a new pseudonym, Kira Morgan, for Hachette Book Group USA. Her romance novel, Captured By Desire, is set in Mary, Queen of Scots-era Scotland, and was released August 2010, followed by Seduced by Destiny in March 2011.
Beginning in 2012, she returned to writing under her real name of Glynnis Campbell, releasing her first self-published eBook Scottish historical romance novel Passion's Exile, followed by The Shipwreck, The Outcast, Native Gold, Native Wolf, and The Handfasting. She became a USA Today bestselling author with her book in the collection Romance to the Rescue.
- The Rogue from Diablo
- Gillian the Barmaid from Diablo
- Kashya from Diablo II
- Sarah Kerrigan from StarCraft, StarCraft: Brood War
- Terran Medic from StarCraft: Brood War
- Dryad from WarCraft 3
- Various from JumpStart 1st Grade
Campbell also voiced Julie Winters in the animated television adaptation of The Maxx. She worked extensively on a collection of audiobooks for Time Warner including those in the Star Wars Tales of the Jedi and Dark Empire series.
- My Champion - Berkley Books, 2000 - RITA Nominee for Best First Book
- My Warrior - Berkley Books, 2001
- My Hero - Berkley Books, 2002
- A Knight's Vow - Berkley Books, 2002
- Lady Danger - Warner Books, 2005
- Captive Heart - Warner Books, 2006
- Knight's Prize - Grand Central Publishing 2007
- Danger's Kiss - Grand Central Publishing, 2008
- Captured By Desire - Hachette Book Group USA, 2010
- Seduced By Destiny - Hachette Book Group USA, 2011
- Passion's Exile - Self-published 2012
- The Shipwreck - Self-published 2013
- Native Gold - Self-published 2013
- The Outcast - Self-published 2015
- Native Wolf - Self-published 2015
- The Handfasting - Self-published 2015
Film music composition
- The Plasma Membrane by Coronet (Firm); Bill Walker Productions. VHS video : NTSC color broadcast system, Language: English, Publisher: St. Louis, Mo. : Coronet/MTI Film & Video ; [Rochester, N.Y.] : Dist. by Ward's Natural Science Establishment, Inc., ©1988.
- Cell Biology : the Living Cell by Coronet/MTI Film and Video. VHS video:Partial animation, Language: English, Publisher: Columbus, OH : Coronet/MTI Film & Video, ©1988.
- Your Active Body : Bones and Movement by Mel Waskin; Ellen Bowen; Bob Gronowski; Matt Newman; Joel Marks; Bill Walker Productions.; Coronet (Firm); Coronet/MTI Film and Video.; VHS video : Partial animation : Elementary and junior high school, Language: English, Publisher: Northbrook, Ill. : Coronet/MTI Film and Video, ©1988.
- Light by Eric R Russell; Sabrina Plisco-Morris; Judy Berlin; Kenneth J Kligerman; Glynnis Campbell; Richard Campbell; Barr Films.; VHS video: Elementary and junior high school, Language: English, Publisher: Irwindale, CA : Barr Films, ©1986.
- Wonder World of Science by Bill Walker Productions.; Coronet/MTI Film and Video.; Animation of Arizona. Video : Partial animation: Primary school, Language: English, Publisher: Northbrook, IL : Coronet, 1989.
- Does It Ever Rain in the Desert? by Coronet (Firm); Bill Walker Productions.; Coronet/MTI Film and Video.; VHS video : Beta : Primary school: U-matic, Language: English, Publisher: Deerfield, IL : Coronet/MTI Film & Video, 1987.
- Global Winds by Mel Waskin; Coronet (Firm); Bill Walker Productions.; VHS video, Language: English, Publisher: Deerfield, Ill. : Coronet, 1985.
- What's the Brightest Star in the Sky? by Mel Waskin; Bill Walker Productions.; Coronet (Firm); Coronet/MTI Film and Video.; VHS video : Partial animation : Primary school, Language: English, Publisher: Northbrook, IL : Coronet/MTI Film & Video, ©1993.
- Atmospheric Science : The Earth, Atmospheric Science : The Earth's Atmosphere ; Atmospheric Science : Winds and Air Currentsby Bill Walker Productions.; Coronet (Firm); BioMedia Associates.; Video : Partial animation : Preschool, Language: English, Publisher: Northbrook, IL: Coronet/MTI Film & Video, 
- Where Do Lost Balloons Go? by Coronet (Firm); Bill Walker Productions.; Coronet/MTI Film and Video.; VHS video : Beta : Partial animation: Primary school : U-matic, Language: English, Publisher: Deerfield, IL : Coronet/MTI Film & Video, 1986.