Goh Wei Ming
Kevin Goh Wei Ming (born 7 July 1983) is a chess International Master from Singapore. He is a six-time Singaporean national champion (2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2012 and 2013) and has represented Singapore in the Chess Olympiad since 2004.
In 2000 he won the boys under-18 section at the 1st ASEAN Age Group Chess Championships in Vũng Tàu, Vietnam. At the 2005 Southeast Asian Games, Goh won two bronze medals, in the men's standard individual event and in the teams' one. In 2010 he played in Singapore the first game of an exhibition blitz match between top Singaporean players and Garry Kasparov. In March 2011, he won the First Saturday GM Tournament in Budapest, Hungary.
- Kevin Goh Wei Ming (2014). Chess Developments. The Sicilian Najdorf 6 Bg5. Everyman Chess. ISBN 978-1781940211.
- Men's Chess Olympiads: Kevin Goh Wei Ming. OlimpBase.
- "1st ASEAN Age Group Championships 2000". ASEAN Chess Confederation. Archived from the original on 2004-01-09. Retrieved 23 March 2016.
- "Kasparov promotes chess in Singapore". ChessVibes. 25 August 2010. Archived from the original on 29 August 2010. Retrieved 11 September 2010.
- Urcan, Olimpiu G.; Tay, Junior (16 August 2010). "Kasparov in Singapore Part Two". SingaporeChessNews.com. Archived from the original on 16 July 2011. Retrieved 11 September 2010.
- March 2011 First Saturday GM Tournament. Chess-Results.com.
- Goh, Wei Ming Kevin rating card at FIDE
- Wei Ming Kevin Goh player profile and games at Chessgames.com
- ChessBase.com - Chess News - Goh Weiming Ready for war over the board
- IM Kevin Goh's Chess Site
- SCN Articles by IM Goh Wei Ming
|This biographical article relating to a Singaporean chess figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|