|Broadcast area||Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands|
|Branding||Radio Cayman 1|
|Slogan||"The Voice Of The Cayman Islands"|
|First air date||12 December 1976|
|Former callsigns||ZFKC-FM, ZCX|
|Affiliations||BBC World Service|
|Owner||Government of the Cayman Islands|
|Sister stations||ZFKZ-FM (aka "Radio Cayman 2")|
ZFGT-FM (aka "Sunny 107.9")
ZFKC-FM (89.9 FM, "Radio Cayman 1") is a radio station in the Cayman Islands. The station is owned by the Cayman Islands Government and airs a news/talk format with focus on community affairs and current events plus blocks of music.
Radio Cayman was first broadcast was on 12 April 1976 but regular broadcasting did not begin until December of that year. The station's latest license was issued on 11 December 2003, but it was amended on 18 October 2007 to realign both the main Radio Cayman 1 transmitter in Grand Cayman and its Cayman Brac translator to the same 93.9 MHz frequency.
|City of license||Identifier||Frequency||Power|
|Cayman Brac||ZFKB-FM||93.9 FM||2000 watts|
|Blossom Village, Little Cayman||ZFKL-FM||93.9 FM||250 watts|
|Gun Bluff||ZFKC (formerly ZCX)||1550 AM||20000 watts|
- Miller, Kathy (2008-04-21). "Radio Cayman's 32 Years". Cayman Net News.
- Jacobs, George (2007). National Radio: Cayman Islands. World Radio TV Handbook 2007: The Directory of Global Broadcasting. Billboard Books. p. 152. ISBN 0-8230-5997-9.
- "FM Broadcasting Stations in the Cayman Islands". ICTA. Retrieved 2008-09-14.
- "Broadcasting". Cayman Islands Government. 2005-07-14. Retrieved 2008-09-14.
- McLean, V. Arden (2008-04-21). "Radio Cayman's 32nd Anniversary Supplement". Cayman Net News.
- "Broadcast License Register". ICTA. Retrieved 2008-09-14.
- "Licence to Radio Cayman" (PDF). ICTA. Retrieved 2008-09-14.
- "Amendment number 1 to the licence of Radio Cayman" (PDF). ICTA.
|This article about a radio station in North America is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Cayman Islands-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|