Grant Young (footballer)
|Full name||Grant Young|
|Date of birth||3 March 1971|
|Place of birth||Cape Town, South Africa|
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|East Coast Bays|
|Auckland City FC|
|Forrest Hill Milford|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.|
Born in South Africa, Young spent much of his career with local club Hellenic before a stint with Ghent in Belgium. He emigrated to New Zealand in 2004 where he played first for East Coast Bays, before joining Central United and subsequently Auckland City FC.
He represented Auckland City in their first FIFA Club World Cup appearance in 2006, in which they failed to impress, losing every game, and failing to score a single goal, and again in the 2009 competition in United Arab Emirates where they fared better, beating TP Mazembe 3-2 before going out to Atlante Fútbol Club in the quarter finals.
- Grant Young – FIFA competition record
- Player Profile at Auckland City
- "Soccer: Young gun looks to hang up the boots". NZ Herald. 16 January 2009.
- 2006 FIFA Club World Cup - Auckland City FC squad
- 2009 FIFA Club World Cup - Auckland City FC squad
- "South Africa - International Matches 1992-1995". RSSSF. Retrieved 15 January 2010.