|Origin||East Brunswick, Australia|
|Genres||Punk rock, soul|
|Years active||December 2002–present|
Ground Components are an angular soul-punk-rock band formed and based in Melbourne, Australia. Formed December 2002, in East Brunswick, a suburb of Melbourne. Their first public performance were in 2002, playing with friends bands and at house parties. The band then went on to sign with Melbourne Independent record label "Love&Mercy" the following year.
They went on to perform at Meredith Music Festival, The Big Day Out, Splendour in the Grass and Homebake. And played as support band for The Black Keys, Hard Fi, Teenage Fanclub, Saul Williams, Spoon, My Morning Jacket, Muse band, M Ward, Microphones, J Mascis, The Liars, Suicide Girls, The Sleepy Jackson, Spiderbait, Powderfinger. Before touring USA and playing SXSW festival, and the UK in 2004.
Ground Components have collaborated with Melbourne based female MC Macromantics (Kill Rock Stars, USA). And played as backing band to both Microphones and M Ward. Dallas and Indra also played horns for My Morning Jacket on their most recent tour of Australia.
The band is currently on indefinite hiatus. Simon McGuigan left in 2007 with then guitarist Robert Bravington. The two played and recorded together in Baby Brain (2008/09) before starting Thread Count Music Production in 2010. Dallas Paxton and Indra Adams played on the latest recordings by Dan Kelly, of which Adams is also a member of the live band. Paxton has appeared as a guest member of Midnight Juggeranuts and Architecture In Helsinki at live shows. Adams is founder of Singhala music, a music bookings and online media business. Joe McGuigan is currently performing as Garage Joe, a trio consisting of McGuigan and members of Little Red.
- Indra Adams - Bass guitar, Backing vocals
- Joe McGuigan - Rhythm Guitar, Vocals
- Dallas Paxton - Electric Piano, Hammond Organ, Backing Vocals
- Ground Components - Ground Components - 6 track EP - Released October 2003, engineered and mixed by Casey Rice, produced by Casey Rice & Ground Components at Sing Sing Studios, Melbourne. Mastered at SAE Mastering, Chicago.
- Ground Components - It All Catches Up With You / One Step Back - 5 Track EP - Released July 2004, engineered and mixed by Casey Rice, produced by Casey Rice & Ground Components at Sing Sing Studios, Melbourne. Mastered a Moose Mastering, Melbourne
- Ground Components - On Your Living Room Floor - 4 Track Single - Release SEP 2006, Recorded by Steven Schram at Guruland, produced by Ground Components, mixed by Steve at martin street studios. Mastered at The Exchange (UK) by Mike Marsh.
- Ground Components - An Eye For A Brow, A Tooth For A Pick - 9 Track Album - Release SEP 2006, Recorded by Steven Schram at Guruland, produced by Ground Components, mixed by Steve at martin street studios. Mastered at The Exchange (UK) by Mike Marsh
- Ground Components - Hands In The Air - 3 Track Single - Released April 2007