List of Guggenheim Museums
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Guggenheim Museum)
Museums in this group include:
- The Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum in Manhattan, New York, United States (1959–present)
- The Guggenheim Guadalajara in Guadalajara, Mexico (2007–2009)
- The Guggenheim Hermitage Museum in Las Vegas, Nevada, United States (2001–2008)
- The Guggenheim Museum Bilbao in Bilbao, Spain (1997–present)
- The Peggy Guggenheim Collection in Venice, Italy – originally the private collection of Peggy Guggenheim
- The Deutsche Guggenheim in Berlin, Germany (funded by Deutsche Bank), closed at the end of 2012
- The Vilnius Guggenheim Hermitage Museum in Vilnius, Lithuania (proposed; 2008–2010)
- The Guggenheim Helsinki Plan for a museum to be constructed in Helsinki, Finland (2011–present)
- "Exhibition of Works Reflecting the Evolution of the Guggenheim's Collection Opens in Bilbao", artdaily.org, 2009. Retrieved April 18, 2012.
- Vail, Karole (ed) (2009). The Museum of Non-Objective Painting. New York: The Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation, pp. 25 and 36
- Kaufman, Jason Edward. "Why the Guggenheim won’t open a branch in Guadalajara", The Art Newspaper, Museums, Issue 192, June 1, 2008; "Cancela proyecto la fundación Solomon R. Guggenheim en Guadalajara" [Solomon R. Guggenheim foundation cancels project]. El Informador. Guadalajara, Mexico. 26 October 2009.
- Guggenheim Hermitage Museum — The Building from guggenheimlasvegas.org Archived August 24, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- Peterson, Kristen. "Vegas, Say Goodbye to Guggenheim", Las Vegas Sun, April 10, 2008, accessed on March 14, 2012
- Walsh, John. "The Priceless Peggy Guggenheim", The Independent, October 21, 2009, accessed March 12, 2012
- Darwin Porter; Danforth Prince; George McDonald; et. al (2006), Frommer's Europe, John Wiley and Sons, p. 339, ISBN 978-0-471-92265-0, retrieved 2009-10-01
- Kuhla, Karoline. "Final Exhibition: The Guggenheim's Farewell to Berlin", Spiegel Online, November 15, 2012
- "Guggenheim Museum initiative in Vilnius to be taken over by the Finns, The Lithuania Tribune (February 7, 2011).
- Gulstad, Hanne Cecilie. "Guggenheim director back in Helsinki to revive plans for a museum", The Art Newspaper, August 8, 2013. accessed September 14, 2015.
- Krane, Jim (July 8, 2006). "Guggenheim to Build Museum in Abu Dhabi". CBS News. Archived from the original on 2008-05-26. Retrieved 2008-09-23.