This article may be unbalanced towards certain viewpoints. (October 2014)
HALIBA (Hebrew: הליבה) is an Israeli umbrella organization that describes itself as working "to re-claim for Jews the basic civil rights of free access, free worship, and free congregation on the Temple Mount."
The name HALIBA is an acronym for Hebrew: המיזם לחופש יהודי בהר הבית, HaMeizam L'Khofesh Yehudi B'Har HaBayit "The project for Jewish freedom on the Temple Mount". The organization often calls itself "The Temple Mount Heritage Foundation" and is sometimes referred to in news reports as a "Temple movements' coalition" led by Yehuda Glick, or similar phrasing, rather than by the acronym.
HALIBA describes itself as a group dedicated to "reaching complete and comprehensive freedom and civil rights for Jews on the Temple Mount." The group is led by founder Yehuda Glick with Linda Olmert as Deputy Director.
In a statement published by the Jerusalem Post, HALIBA described its mission as bringing "together a diverse group of Jewish Israelis – secular, haredi, traditional, national religious, men and women – who are united in their concern that the inability of Jews to freely ascend the Mount to pray, meditate or give thanks represents a grievous and indefensible civil rights deprivation to Jews all over the world."
History and activities
HALIBA was established in 2007 by Israel Independence Fund and by the Temple Mount Heritage Foundation (Hebrew: הקרן למורשת הר הבית). The organization promotes tours of the Temple Mount for Jewish groups, one of which group was harassed by Muslims who "yelled at, shoved, spit and threw objects," as they walked across the Mount's broad open plazas. During visits to the Mount, HALIBA director Yehuda Glick has documented and filmed vandalism and illegal construction activity, including Muslim crews "drilling with heavy machinery" at the legally protected site.
In April 2014, Yehuda Glick, was banned from visiting the site for four months by Israeli police for being "provocative to Arabs on the site".
- FundIsrael. "HaLiba". fundisrael.org/haliba. Retrieved 30 October 2014.
- Kratz, Elizabeth (19 June 2014). "Temple Mount Advocate Visits Englewood". ArutzSheva. Israel National News. Retrieved 30 October 2014.
- Übersetzung für המיזם לחופש יהודי בהר הבית lautet The project for Jewish freedom on the Temple Mount auf www.morfix.co.il
- "Giving your Heart to the Heart - Temple Mount Heritage Foundation". HaLibah, The Temple Mount Heritage Foundation. Retrieved 1 November 2014.
- Hasson, Nir (4 October 2014). "Temple Mount Faithful: From the fringes to the mainstream". Haaretz. Retrieved 31 October 2014.
- Ghert-Zand, Renee (18 November 2013). "One Man's Jewish Temple Mount Crusade". The Forward. Retrieved 30 October 2014.
- Booth, William. "Israel blocks Jersusalem holy site amid rising tensions after activist shot". Washington Post. Retrieved 30 October 2014.
- JewishPress (21 August 2014). "Yehuda Glick Barred from Temple Mount". Jerish Press. Retrieved 30 October 2014.
- Olmert, Linda (30 October 2014). "Rabbi Yehudah Glick attempted murder: J'accuse!". Times of Israel. Retrieved 30 October 2014.
- Eisenbud, Daniel (18 March 2014). "Rabbi claims he was detained on Temple Mount for videotaping Muslims". Jerusalem Post. Retrieved 30 October 2014.
- Kratz, Elizabeth (19 June 2014). "Temple Mount Advocate Visits Englewood". The Jewish Link of Bergen County. Retrieved 30 October 2014.
- Altshul, Sharon (30 April 2014). "Crisis on Har Habayis (Photo Essay)". Baltimore Jewish Life. Retrieved 30 October 2014.
- P Übersetzung für הקרן למורשת הר הבית - The Heritage Foundation.
- SHARON, JEREMY (12 April 2013). "Court awards Temple Mount activist NIS 30,000 for two wrongful arrests". The Jerusalem post.:"funded by the Temple Mount Heritage Foundation and the Israel Independence Fund"
- Sahm, Ulrich W. (18 November 2014). "Kein Zugang für Nicht-Moslems. Israel sperrt Tempelberg ab". n-tv. Retrieved 12 December 2011.
- Schwartz, Sharona (24 April 2014). "'Get Out of Here!': Arab Mob Shoves, Spits and Throws Objects at Jews Visiting Jerusalem's Sacred Temple Mount". The Blaze. Retrieved 30 October 2014.
- JPnewsroom (19 October 2014). "Police Investigating Swastikas Painted On The Temple Mount Steps". Jewish Political. JP. Retrieved 31 October 2014.
- Dvorin, Tova (8 January 2014). "Exposed: Waqf Illegally Drilling on Temple Mount Temple Mount activist catches Waqf officials vandalizing Judaism's holiest site". ArutzSheva. Israel National News. Retrieved 30 October 2014.
- Dovin, Tova (8 January 2014). "Exposed: Waqf Illegally Drilling on Temple Mount". Arutz Sheva. Israel National News. Retrieved 31 October 2014.
- Soffer Ari (19 October 2014). "Muslims Daub Swastika on Temple Mount". ARutz Sheva. Israel National News. Retrieved 31 October 2014.