(Redirected from Halévy)
- A Jewish male descended patrilineally from the tribe of Levi, and his full name may be written as (personal name) HaLevi (family name). The prefix "ה" (HAY), in the Hebrew language, means "the."
- Someone whose family name is Halevi
As a title
- Rabbi Yechezkel Levenstein was a Levi
- Rabbi Yisroel Belsky was a Levi
- Rabbi Baruch ha-Levi Epstein (1860–1941), a Lithuanian rabbi
As a family name
Some people whose family name is Halevi are:
- Rabbi Abraham ibn Daud ha-Levi
- Rabbi Aaron ben Abba ha-Levi ben Johanan
- Rabbi Aharon HaLevi (1235–c.1290; Hebrew: אהרן הלוי)
- Adolf Abraham Halevi Fraenkel
- Rabbi David HaLevi Segal
- Daniel Halévy, French historian
- Efraim Halevy (אפרים הלוי; born 1934)
- Élie Halévy, French philosopher and historian
- Élie Halévy (Chalfan), French Hebrew poet and author
- Rabbi Eliezer ben Joel HaLevi
- Fromental Halévy, French composer
- Geneviève Halévy, French salonnière, daughter of Fromental Halévy and wife of Georges Bizet.
- Herzl Halevi, Major General, Israel Defence Forces, Director of Israeli Military Intelligence.
- Ilan Halevi
- Joseph Halévy, French Orientalist (Hebraist) and traveller
- Léon Halévy, French author and dramatic writer; brother of Jacques François Fromental Halévy
- Louise Halévy, a character in Mobile Suit Gundam 00
- Ludovic Halévy, French dramatist
- Moses Isaac Ha-Levi Horowitz
- Rabbi Samuel Neta HaLevi
- Shai Halevi, Israeli computer scientist
- Rabbi Yehuda Halevi (יהודה הלוי; )
- Rabbi Yitzhak HaLevi Herzog
- Rabbi Yitzhak Isaac Halevy Rabinowitz, Jewish historian, and founder of the Agudath Israel organization.
- Rabbi Yitzhak HaLevi ben Mordechai Raitzes, Polish Rabbi
- Rabbi Yosef Zvi HaLevy (1874–1960), Israeli rabbi
- Yossi Klein Halevi (יוסי קליין הלוי; born 1953), American author, journalist and researcher of Israeli culture
- Rabbi Zerachiah ha-Levi of Girona
- Saadia Kobashi, the Levite Yemenite Jewish leader who signed the Israeli Declaration of Independence Saadia Kobashi HaLevi.
|This page lists people with the surname Halevi. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.|
- "Medical Definition of Levite". Retrieved 2017-02-19.
- per HaLevi in: Or Yechezkel : Rav Yechezkel HaLevi Levenstein (7 Vol.). Retrieved 2017-02-19.
- per HaLevi in: "HaRav Chaim Yisroel HaLevi Belsky, Zatsal: Recorded, Remembered". Retrieved 2017-02-19.