Hammered (Hearne novel)
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for books. (June 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Cover artist||Gene Mollica|
|Series||The Iron Druid Chronicles|
|Publisher||Del Rey Books|
Atticus O'Sullivan, last of the Druids, has lived for over 2,100 years, mostly by avoiding trouble. Though it appears that recently trouble has found him frequently. After dispatching a Celtic God fixated on vengeance, and preventing warring witch covens from devastating his hometown of Tempe, Arizona, Atticus hoped that he could focus on training his new initiate, the first in centuries. Instead, an old promise made to a friend leads him to band together with a werewolf, a vampire, an ancient Slavic thunder god, a Chinese Immortal, and a Finnish deity on a frantic mission to the land of Asgard. Their goal - to kill Thor.
- Atticus O'Sullivan: The last of the Druids.
- Oberon: Irish Wolfhound; he can communicate telepathically with Atticus.
- Gunnar Magnusson: Lawyer, and leader of the Tempe pack who is also a werewolf.
- Leif Helgarson: Atticus' nighttime lawyer who is also a vampire.
- Perun: Slavic God of Thunder.
- Väinämöinen: Shamanic hero of the ancient culture of Finns.
- Zhang Guo Lao:' One of China's Eight Immortals.
- Thor: Norse God of Thunder.
- Odin: The All-father, father of Thor.
- Granuaile: Atticus' Druid initiate.
- Jesus: Savior of Christianity.
- The Morrigan: Celtic Chooser of the Slain and goddess of war.
- Widow MacDonagh: Atticus’ neighbor and friend.
- Hallbjörn “Hal” Hauk: Atticus’ daytime lawyer who is also a werewolf.
- Malina Sokolowski: Leader of the Sisters of the Three Auroras Coven of Witches .
- Laksha Kulasekaran: Indian witch that possesses the bodies of others.
In their review of Hammered, SFFWorld said that "Hearne and Atticus could be the logical heir to Butcher and Dresden."
|This article about a 2010s fantasy novel is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.
See guidelines for writing about novels. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.