|This article needs additional or better citations for verification. (March 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Designer(s)||Don A. Mattrick
It is the first sequel to HardBall!, a successful game released five years prior, and the first game Chris Taylor (who would later go on to develop Total Annihilation and Dungeon Siege) received credits for. The game would later be followed up by HardBall III, 4 5 and 6.
Hardball II includes the following items:
- Two Floppy Disks
- Hardball II Manual (60 pages)
- Hardball II Batting Commands Sheet
- Hardball II Fielding Command Chart
- Hardball II Copy Protection Code Wheel
- The code wheel contains three wheels. The outer wheel contains the last name of baseball players. The middle ring contains the players' first names. The inner ring contains years. When the rings are properly aligned, cut outs in the third ring reveal the players' baseball stats. These stats must be entered into the program before Hardball II will load.
HardBall II maintains the game play mechanics from Hardball! and adds the following features:
- Updates and stores stats in "virtually every conceivable category."
- Stats change from at-bat to at-bat, from game to game.
- New features include pick offs, league play, and a team editor.
- More frames of animation per player.
- Shift the infield and outfield according to each hitter.
- Addition of seven different stadiums and five different views.
- New TV Instant Replay feature.
- Pull-down menus make managing the game easier.
Each of these features are listed on the back of the game's box.
|This baseball video game article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|