|Manuscript(s)||British Library, Harleian MS 3859 (c. 1100-1200)|
The Harleian genealogies are a collection of Old Welsh genealogies preserved in British Library, Harleian MS 3859. Part of the Harleian Collection, the manuscript, which also contains the Annales Cambriae (Recension A) and a version of the Historia Brittonum, has been dated to c. 1100, although a date of c.1200 is also possible. Since the genealogies begin with the paternal and maternal pedigrees of Owain ap Hywel Dda (d. 988), the material was probably compiled during his reign. The collection also traces the lineages of less prominent rulers of Wales and the Hen Ogledd or Old North. Some of the genealogies re-appear in the genealogies of Jesus College MS. 20.
- Siddons, "Genealogies, Welsh," pp. 800-2; Remfry, P.M., 'Annales Cambriae. A Translation...', p. 4.
- Siddons, Michael. "Genealogies, Welsh." In Celtic Culture. A Historical Encyclopedia, ed. John T. Koch. 5 vols. Santa Barbara et al., 2006. pp. 800–2. Watkin, M., ‘The Chronology of the Annales Cambriae and the Liber Landavensis on the basis of their Old French Graphical Phenomena', National Library of Wales Journal XI , no.3, 181-226. Remfry, P.M., 'Annales Cambriae. A Translation of Harleian 3859; PRO E.164/1; Cottonian Domitian, A 1; Exeter Cathedral Library MS. 3514 and MS Exchequer DB Neath, PRO E.164/1 (ISBN 1-899376-81-X).
- Phillimore, Egerton (1888), "The Annales Cambriae and Old Welsh Genealogies, from Harleian MS. 3859", in Phillimore, Egerton, Y Cymmrodor, IX, Honourable Society of Cymmrodorion, pp. 141–183. A copy of this text is reproduced on-line at Full-text resources for ‘Dark Age’ history, Keith Fitzpatrick-Matthews.
- Bartrum, P.C. (tr.). Early Welsh Genealogical Tracts. Cardiff: UWP, 1966. Edited versions of this translation appear at Wikisource and Mary Jones' Celtic Literature Collective.
- Nicholson, E. Williams B. (1908), "The Dynasty of Cunedag and the 'Harleian Genealogies'", Y Cymmrodor, XXI, London: Honourable Society of Cymmrodorion, pp. 63–105
- Anscombe, A. (1898), "Indexes to Old-Welsh Genealogies (first part)", in Stokes, Whitley; Meyer, Kuno, Archiv für celtische Lexikographie, I, Halle: Max Niemeyer (published 1900), pp. 187–212; 513–549
- Anscombe, A. (1898), "Indexes to Old-Welsh Genealogies (continuation)", in Stokes, Whitley; Meyer, Kuno, Archiv für celtische Lexikographie, II, Halle: Max Niemeyer (published 1904), pp. 147–196
- James, J.W. “The Harleian Ms. 3859 Genealogy II: The Kings of Dyfed down to Arthur Map Petr. died c. 586.” Bulletin of the Board of Celtic Studies 23:2 (1969), 143-52.
- Phillimore, Egerton, ed. (1887), "Pedigrees from Jesus College MS. 20", Y Cymmrodor, VIII, Honourable Society of Cymmrodorion, pp. 77–92