This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
17 July 1975 |
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
|Residence||London, United Kingdom|
|Occupation||Designer, entrepreneur, lingerie|
|Known for||Britain's Next Big Thing (2011)|
In 2005, Harlette founded the company Harlette Luxury Lingerie, to provide a one of a kind luxury lingerie concierge service, after a chance meeting at the Kensington chamber of commerce function with London Fashion Forum representative David Jones.
Harlette was accepted in early 2006 to take one of the 20 places given each year to be mentored by the London Fashion Forum program. Soon, she was interviewed by the BBC during London Fashion Week for a lingerie story. Wanting to research the market, she gained luxury retail roles including Selfridges and Louis Vuitton in Oslo, Norway in 2006 and 2007.
She gained widespread media attention in 2009 when she was the first woman invited to Saudi Arabia to run a 10-day master class on the Art of Selling Lingerie for 26 Saudi women. This was created to support the Reem Asaad lingerie KSA campaign started on Facebook in 2008 to enable women to work in lingerie stores. On 6 June 2011, King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia decreed that women should work in lingerie stores instead of men. Until this time only men had been allowed to work in lingerie stores. No formal lingerie sales or fitting training were available for measuring women for bras, no fitting rooms existed, and there were high censorship levels of information in the kingdom in relation to lingerie companies' websites, due to modesty laws.
In 2010 news broke of Harlette's patent, which had been awarded on 14 July 2009, for the world’s first diamond and platinum garters. Her lingerie collection debuted on the catwalk in Paris at Salon International de la Lingerie, and the collection was invited to showcase at an Oscars style lounge in 2010.
Harlette's brand received two nominations for the 2011 and 2012 UK Lingerie Awards, and was nominated as a finalist for the NSW Premier Export Awards 2011 in Australia.
In the summer of 2013 Harlette debuted in Paris Mode City her first swim collection, and her unique one-piece design was picked for the Best of Show parade.
In 2009 Harlette was asked by the Swedish newspaper Expressen to write a piece on a term she created, "Braconomics," and her insights on the Saudi Lingerie campaign. After leaving Saudi Arabia to showcase some of the collection at Wimbledon Fashion Week in 2009, Harlette was also interviewed by Radio New Zealand, New Straits Times, The Star (Malaysia), and Gold Coast Bulletin on the Saudi Arabia lingerie campaign.
The "Set Sail with Harlette" collection has been featured in the Wall St Journal, Hindustan Times, La Stampa, Bollywood blogs, CNN, and NDTV, featuring Miss World Australia 2008 first runner-up Sonia Lipski.
Film and television costumes
In 2015, Harlette presented a preview of the pilot TV show IT Girl Lingerie, filmed on the Caribbean island of Curaçao for MIP Com Cannes, France.
|2011||Britain's Next Big Thing||Herself||TV series (episode one)|
- "[ :: Bond University :: ]". enews.bond.edu.au. Retrieved 2015-02-22.
- "Kontroversiell kurs avslöjar underkläderna - Sydsvenskan". sydsvenskan.se. Retrieved 2015-02-22.
- Canvas Group. "Good Design Australia". Archived from the original on 2011-03-07. Retrieved 2015-02-22.
- "Regular customers rewarded unique services globally - The Economic Times". economictimes.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2015-02-22.
- "BH-upproren tecken på ökad kvinnomakt | Debatt | Expressen". expressen.se. Retrieved 2015-02-22.
- "Sunday People * NST Online". Archived from the original on 2012-03-31. Retrieved 2015-02-22.
- "Archives | The Star Online.". thestar.com.my. Retrieved 2015-02-22.
- "Sexy models on board » - Picture 5 - NDTV". goodtimes.ndtv.com. Retrieved 2015-02-22.
- "Multimedia". lastampa.it. Retrieved 2015-02-22.
- "Bollywood Hollywood Celebrity Photos: Models parade in Harlette lingerie Australian fashion designer Naomi McGill". bollywood-hollywood-celebrity-photos.blogspot.com. Retrieved 2015-02-22.
- "帆船の上で豪華ランジェリーショー、シドニー 写真10枚 国際ニュース：AFPBB News". afpbb.com. Retrieved 2015-02-22.
- "Celebrity news: gossip, pictures & video - 3am & Mirror Online". mirror.co.uk. Retrieved 2015-02-22.
- "Billie Piper talks final season of 'Secret Diary of a Call Girl' - PopWrap". Archived from the original on 2011-04-11. Retrieved 2015-02-22.
- "Luxury Photos and Articles - StyleList". luxist.com. Retrieved 2015-02-22.
- "Super Sexy Hollie Dowding Shoot | Girls | Maxim". 2011-11-08. Archived from the original on 2012-04-01. Retrieved 2015-02-22.
- "EXCLUSIVE RISSIKAT BADE SHOOT | Girls | Maxim". 2011-11-14. Archived from the original on 2012-06-13. Retrieved 2015-02-22.
- "NEW PICS OF NAOMI - PRETTY IN PINK! | Girls | Maxim". 2011-11-21. Archived from the original on 2012-01-07. Retrieved 2015-02-22.
- "EXCLUSIVE MELISSA REEVES CALENDAR PICS | Girls | Maxim". 2011-12-01. Archived from the original on 2012-06-13. Retrieved 2015-02-22.
- "NEW MAXIM PICS OF JESS LINLEY | Girls | Celebrity | Maxim". 2011-12-05. Archived from the original on 2012-01-07. Retrieved 2015-02-22.
- "No Cookies | dailytelegraph.com.au". dailytelegraph.com.au. Retrieved 2015-02-22.
- Lippman, T.W. (2012). Saudi Arabia on the Edge: The Uncertain Future of an American Ally. Potomac Books, Incorporated. ISBN 9781597978767. Retrieved 2015-02-22.
- "Luxury Lingerie « Tiger Aspect". Archived from the original on 2011-06-15. Retrieved 2015-02-22.
- "Luxury Lingerie | TheMediaBriefing". Archived from the original on 2012-03-20. Retrieved 2015-02-22.
- "Belle Bows Out in Style With Harlette’s Ravishing $3,200 Housecoat – Lingerie Talk". lingerietalk.com. Retrieved 2015-02-22.
- "Britain's Next Big Thing (TV Series 2011) - IMDb". imdb.com. Retrieved 2015-02-22.
- "JUSTIN WU - FILM DIRECTOR & FASHION PHOTOGRAPHER". jwufilms.com. Retrieved 2015-02-22.