Harney & Sons
Harney & Sons is an American tea company founded in 1983 in Salisbury, Connecticut and now based in Millerton, New York. They specialize in high-quality loose teas and herbal teas, and offer several products that are organic and certified kosher. In addition to loose teas, the company offers selected blends packaged in tetrahedral "silken sachet" tea bags, and other teas in standard tea bags.
Harney & Sons distributes to restaurants, hotels, and specialty shops. Institutions that serve their teas include Barnes & Noble cafés, Four Seasons Hotels, and the Hotel Affinia in Chicago. A Harney & Sons tasting room and tea shop is located in Millerton, where the company has a factory. On November 16, 2010, the company opened a tasting room in Soho, New York City. The Harney and Sons Guide to Tea, co-authored by Michael Harney (son of company founder John Harney), was nominated for a James Beard Foundation book award in 2009.
- West, Melanie Grace (October 30, 2010). "Tea for Three (Generations)". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 2012-04-20.
- Braybrooks, Ann (June 29, 2007). "Tea Masters: Harney & Sons Tea". Chronogram. Retrieved 2012-04-20.
- Patronite, Rob; Raisfeld, Robin (November 11, 2010). "Oolong-Awaited Harney & Sons Shop Opens Tuesday". New York Magazine. Retrieved April 13, 2012. External link in
- "2009 James Beard Foundation Awards Nominees" (PDF). James Beard Foundation. Retrieved 2012-04-20.
- Official Site
- Edward Linsley, F&B director, Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia discusses Harney and Sons Tea
- An Interview with Emeric Harney of Harney & Sons Fine Teas
|This tea-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|