Hear Me Now (song)
|"Hear Me Now"|
|Single by Hollywood Undead|
|from the album American Tragedy|
|Released||December 13, 2010 (radio)
December 21, 2010 (digital download)
|Genre||Rap rock, alternative rock, electronic rock|
|Length||3:33 (album edit)|
|Writer(s)||Dylan Alvarez, Matthew Busek, Jorel Decker, Sam Hollander, Dave Katz, Daniel Murillo, George Ragan, Jordon Terrell|
|Producer(s)||Sam Hollander, Dave Katz|
|Hollywood Undead singles chronology|
"Hear Me Now" is a song by American rock band Hollywood Undead, the first single from their second full-length album, American Tragedy, and the sixth track on that album. It is the band's sixth overall single in their discography. It is also the first media released by the band without vocalist/producer Deuce. The track was released to radio on December 13, 2010, with a digital download following a week later on December 21. The official music video was released on February 25, 2011. A remix was featured on the band's American Tragedy Redux remix album.
The band had been recording for a second album since early 2010. On December 8, the band announced a new single would be coming soon. On the same day, the title, single cover, and release date were announced. The cover for the single shows the inside of Da Kurlzz's new mask, hinting at new masks for the whole band for the new album and tour. The single was released a few days later to radio on December 13 while it was released for download on December 21. On March 22, the band performed the song live on Lopez Tonight to promote the album.
On February 25, 2011, the band released several teaser videos for the song's music video, most of them featuring Andy Milonakis. They also released the actual video on their MySpace page. Using the frame of a film-within-a-film, the music video showed the band members being taped while performing and delivering their verses. J-Dog performs the first verse and Johnny 3 Tears performs the second, while Danny performs the choruses and the bridge. The video featured the band performing the song while riding in the back of a truck that contains neon lights, large speakers, and stripper poles. The band is surrounded by women dancing during the video while comic-book like graphics pop up to introduce each band member. This is the first music video to feature new member Danny following the departure of Deuce.
The track was released on December 13 for radio and made available online on December 21. J-Dog says that this is his favorite song that the band has done so far. The songs lyrics tell the story of a person who is depressed and hopeless, taking a very somber tone to the track. Despite this, the instruments and melodies contrast to make a "Great rock smash", reports AOL Radio Blog.
The single reached a peak of number nine on the Heatseekers Songs chart on Billboard. "Hear Me Now" also peaked at number twenty-four on the Billboard's Rock Songs chart, and number twenty on the Alternative Songs chart.
|US Alternative Songs (Billboard)||20|
|US Rock Songs (Billboard)||23|
|US Heatseeker Songs (Billboard)||9|
All tracks are written by Danny, J-Dog & Johnny 3 Tears.
|1.||"Hear Me Now (Album version)"||Danny, J-Dog, Johnny 3 Tears||Sam Hollander, Dave Katz||3:33|
|2.||"Hear Me Now (Instrumental version)"||Danny, J-Dog, Johnny 3 Tears||Sam Hollander, Dave Katz||3:33|
- Hollywood Undead
- Charlie Scene - Lead Guitar, Background Vocals
- Da Kurlzz – drums, percussion, composer
- Danny - clean vocals, screams
- Funny Man – composer
- J-Dog – keyboards, synthesizers, piano, rhythm guitar, bass guitar, vocals, composer, additional production, engineering
- Johnny 3 Tears – vocals, composer
- James Diener - A&R
- Don Gilmore - executive producer, recording, programming
- Dylan "3-D" Dresdow - mix engineer
- Sam Hollander - producer
- Dave Katz - producer
- Nadine Cheung (December 12, 2010). "Hollywood Undead, 'Hear Me Now' -- New Song". AOL Radio Blog. Retrieved December 12, 2010.
- "Lopez Tonight (2009) - 2x66 - Tori Spelling & Dean McDermott, Jim Rome, Hollywood Undead". Episode World. March 22, 2011. Retrieved March 23, 2011.
- Jon Wiederhorn (October 12, 2011). "Hollywood Undead Get Remixed by Members of Korn, KMFDM + More". Loud Wire. Retrieved October 12, 2011.
- Keven Skinner (October 13, 2011). "HOLLYWOOD UNDEAD Prepare 'American Tragedy Redux' in November". Daily Blam. Retrieved October 18, 2011.
- "Hollywood Undead - Hear Me Now". Billboard. December 12, 2010. Retrieved December 12, 2010.
- Unknown (March 3, 2011). "American Tragedy - 'Hear Me Now'". Female First. Retrieved March 5, 2011.