Helen Butler (died 28 January 1631), also known as the Honorable Helen Butler, was the daughter of Edmund Butler, 2nd Viscount Mountgarret and Grizel FitzPatrick. She married her second cousin Walter Butler, 11th Earl of Ormond. Their common great-grandfather was Piers Butler, 8th Earl of Ormond.
She had three sons and nine daughters:
- Thomas Butler, Viscount Thurles (died 15 December 1619), who married Elizabeth Poyntz, daughter of Sir John Poyntz and Elizabeth Sydenham.
- James Butler, who died young in England.
- John Butler, who died in France, without issue.
- Margaret Butler, who married Barnaby Fitzpatrick, 5th Baron Upper Ossory.
- Catharine Butler, who married Pierce Power of Monaghalargy in County Tipperary, second son of Richard, 6th Baron Power.
- Lady Ellen (Elian) Butler (died 16 June 1663), who married Pierce Butler, 1st Viscount Ikerrin, son of Sir James Butler.
- Hellena Butler, who married James Butler of Grellagh, eldest son of James, the second Lord Dunboyne, by his second wife Margaret, daughter of Connor, Earl of Thomond,
- Joan Butler, who married George Bagenal of Dunleckney of County Carlow, ancestor to Beauchamp Bagenal, of Bagenalstown.
- Mary Butler, who died unmarried.
- Elizabeth Butler, who married first to Sir Edmond Blanchville, of Blanchville's Town, by whom she had one son, Gerald. She secondly married Richard Burke, 6th Earl of Clanricarde, son of Sir William Bourke and Joan O'Shaughnessy.
- Eleanor Butler, who died unmarried, in 1633
- Alice Butler, who married Sir Terence (or Turlogh) MacBrien-Arragh, 1st Baronet.
- Lodge, John: pg. 38.