|Studio album by|
|Savoy Brown chronology|
Hellbound Train is the eighth album by the band Savoy Brown.
It was released by Parrot in 1972.
- "Doin' Fine" (Andy Silvester, Kim Simmonds) – 2:46
- "Lost and Lonely Child" (Simmonds) – 6:00
- "I'll Make Everything Alright" (Simmonds) – 3:18
- "Troubled by these Days and Times" (Paul Raymond) – 5:43
- "If I Could See an End" (Raymond, Simmonds) – 2:54
- "It'll Make You Happy" (Simmonds) – 3:26
- "Hellbound Train" (Silvester, Simmonds) – 9:07
On the US LP, the title track on Side 2 ends abruptly, as if to add dramatic finality. On most cuttings, the song ends just as the cut is brought to the runoff groove. On the Deram US CD, the song is faded out. The abrupt ending was restored on the BGO CD release, pairing this album with "Street Corner Talking" on a single CD.
- Savoy Brown
- Kim Simmonds – guitar, harmonica, vocals
- Paul Raymond – guitar, keyboards, vocals
- Andy Silvester – bass
- Dave Walker – vocals
- Dave Bidwell – drums
- Neil Slaven – producer (for Gruggy Woof)
- Roy Thomas Baker – engineer
- David Anstey – artwork (cover painting and b&w gatefold comic strip)
Recorded at Trident Studios, London