|Motto||Advancement, Vigilance, Allegiance|
|President||James P. Killin|
|Colors||Black, White, and Red|
Henley-Putnam University is a for-profit American online university focused on security: intelligence management, terrorism & counterterrorism, and strategic security & protection management. It was named to honor American Revolutionary War Intelligence Officers, Colonel David Henley and General Israel Putnam.
The university has a curriculum offering more than 150 courses among six bachelor's and master's degree programs, a doctorate program, and certificates in seven subject areas. Its faculty comes from military, law enforcement, the counterterrorism community, and the intelligence community with an emphasis on "real world experience".
Accreditation, approvals, and memberships
Henley-Putnam University is accredited by the Distance Education and Training Council (DETC). As of July 2015, the school has received "Candidate" status for regional accreditation with the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. Next upcoming review from WASC is Fall of 2017 "Seeking Accreditation Visit 3". The university is approved by the California Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education.
Additionally, the university is associated with several military organizations. It is approved for use of Veteran benefits and works with DANTES, the American military's off-duty, voluntary education program for its members. and designated as a Servicemembers Opportunity Consortium University. It is also a member of CCME, the Council of College and Military Educators and Military Educators and participates in the Air University Associate to Baccalaureate Cooperative (AU-ABC).
- "History Behind Our Name". Henley Putnam University. Retrieved 2009-02-26.
- "The California University of Protection and Intelligence Management has changed its name to Henley-Putnam University to better reflect its online degree programs in management of personal protection, intelligence management, and terrorism and counterterrorism.". (press release). Security Management. 2007-06-07. Retrieved 2009-02-26.
- Mullins, Robert (2004-05-14). "School protects valley executives from a dangerous world". Silicon Valley / San Jose Business Journal. Retrieved 2009-02-26.
- "Statement of Accreditation Status Henley-Putnam University," http://www.wascsenior.org/institutions/henley-putnam-university (accessed July 23, 2015)
- Information Bulletin (PDF) (384), Defense Activities for Non-Traditional Education Support, December 2008, archived from the original (PDF) on March 14, 2009