Heinrich LXIII, Prince Reuss of Köstritz
|Prince Heinrich LXIII Reuss of Köstritz|
Prince Heinrich LXIII Reuss of Köstritz
18 June 1789|
Berlin, Kingdom of Prussia
|Died||27 September 1841
Stonsdorf, Kingdom of Prussia
|Noble family||House of Reuss|
|Spouse(s)||Countess Eleonore of Stolberg-Wernigerode
Countess Caroline of Stolberg-Wernigerode
|Father||Prince Heinrich XLIV Reuss of Köstritz|
|Mother||Baroness Wilhelmine Friederike Marie Auguste Eleonore of Geuder-Rabensteiner|
After the death of his elder brother Heinrich LX (1784–1833) he was the senior member of the Köstritz branch of the House of Reuss. His sister Auguste Fredericka Espérance was the wife of Henry, Duke of Anhalt-Köthen.
He was married twice. On 21 February 1819 at Wernigerode Castle, he married on Countess Eleonore of Stolberg-Wernigerode (1801–1827), who was a daughter of Count Henry of Stolberg-Wernigerode. After she died, on 11 May 1828, Heinrich LXIII married her sister Countess Caroline of Stolberg-Wernigerode (1806–1896).
From 1833 until his death, he was a member of the First Chamber of the Saxon parliament. As the owner of a Manor, he had been appointed by the king. Among others, he owned estates in Klipphausen, Spreewiese and Klix.
Heinrich LXIII had the following children:
From his first marriage:
- Joanna, usually called Jenny (1820–1878), married in 1843 to Prince Ferdinand of Schoenaich-Carolath
- Heinrich IV, Prince Reuss of Köstritz (1821–1894), inherited in 1878 the title of Prince from his cousin Prince Heinrich LXIX Reuss of Köstritz
- Augusta (1822–1862), married the Grand Duke Frederick Francis II of Mecklenburg-Schwerin
- Heinrich VI Prince Reuss (1823-1823), died just days after his birth in Wernigerode
- Heinrich VII (1825–1906), Adjutant General of Emperor William I, the first German ambassador to Constantinople, lived most of his life in Trebschen (modern Trzebiechów, Poland)
- Heinrich X, Prince Reuss (1827–1847), his birth mother Eleonore died when he was born
From his second marriage:
- Heinrich XII, Prince Reuss (1829–1866), Lord of Stonsdorf; married in 1858 Anna Countess of Hochberg, Baroness to Fürstenstein
- Heinrich XIII, Prince Reuss (1830–1897), Lord of Baschkow; married in 1869 Anna Countess of Hochberg, Baroness to Fürstenstein
- Louise (1832–1862)
- Heinrich XV, Prince Reuss (1834–1869), married in 1863 Countess Luitgarde of Stolberg-Wernigerode
- Anna (1837–1907), married in 1863 Prince Otto of Stolberg-Wernigerode
- Heinrich XVII, Prince Reuss (1839–1870), killed in the Battle of Mars-la-Tour
|Ancestors of Heinrich LXIII, Prince Reuss of Köstritz|
- Josef Matzerath: Aspects of Saxon Landtag history - Presidents and members of parliament from 1833 to 1952, Dresden 2001, p. 48
- Kneschke, E.H. (1861). Neues allgemeines Deutsches adels-lexicon: im vereine mit mehreren historikern. F. Voight. p. 503. Retrieved 2014-11-17.
- Biedermann, J.G. (1748). Geschlechtsregister des Hochadelichen Patriciats zu Nürnberg. Dietzel. Retrieved 2014-11-17.
- Gothaischer Hofkalender, various years of the 19th Century