Home Movie (film)
|Directed by||Christopher Denham|
William M. Miller|
Andrew van den Houten
|Written by||Christopher Denham|
Amber Joy Williams
|Music by||Ryan Shore|
|Cinematography||William M. Miller|
|Edited by||John T. Miller|
IFC Films (USA)|
Anchor Bay Entertainment (Canada)
|July 10, 2008|
The film received favorable reviews at Montreal’s 2008 Fantasia Film Festival. Following the final screening, bids were made on the film and IFC Entertainment acquired the U.S. rights for IFC's Festival Direct Video On Demand and DVD rights Nationwide. The film stars Adrian Pasdar, Cady McClain, Amber Joy Williams, and Austin Williams.
Home Movie documents one family's descent into darkness through compilation of the Poe family's home-made video footage. In the remote woods of upstate New York, David (Adrian Pasdar) and Clare (Cady McClain) Poe are attempting to live an idyllic life. However, the Poe children are hiding a dark secret and something is wrong with ten-year-old twins, Jack (Austin Williams) and Emily (Amber Joy Williams) Poe. To stop them, their parents must enter the nightmare of their children’s minds. As they try to regain control of the children’s lives, the pressing question becomes who will ultimately survive the battle.
The music was composed by Ryan Shore.
Dr. Nathan of Quiet Earth said, "This truly disturbing movie, written and directed by Christopher Denham, is thus far the only TAD premiere Dr Nathan has experienced which actually, really gave me that deep-down visceral sense of dread and foreboding." From Dread Central: "There’s something about home videos that brings out the worst in people. I hadn’t thought of it for years, but after seeing Christopher Denham’s disturbing Home Movie, I remembered my very own forays into family camcording", "... is better written, more realistic and more disturbing than the forefather of the modern found footage horror movie, The Blair Witch Project. In fact, Home Movie might just be the tautest, best acted, most tightly written and disturbing “found film” ever made!"
- Davies, Steven. "IFC Entertainment Acquire 'Home Movie', Horror Movie Entertainment News and Reviews". Horror-asylum.com. Retrieved 17 September 2017.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2008-11-21. Retrieved 2008-12-31.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2008-11-20. Retrieved 2008-12-31.
- "HOME MOVIE and THE BUTCHER (Film Reviews)". Fangoria.com. Retrieved 17 September 2017.
- Quiet Earth, by Dr. Nathan (October 24, 2008), "TAD 08: Review of Christopher Denham's HOME MOVIE", Quietearth.us, accessed 12-30-2008
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2008-10-06. Retrieved 2008-12-31.
- Twitch Films, July 16 2008, "FANTASIA: HOME MOVIE Review"
- Row Three, October 24 2008, by Andrew James, "TAD Review: Home Movie"
- Pop Journalism, October 27 2008, By Sarah Gopaul, "TORONTO AFTER DARK FILM FESTIVAL: Home Movie"
- Cinema Eye, August 18th 2008, by Gilbert Seah, "Anchoring at Festival of Fear, Toronto"