(Redirected from Hoppers)
|Look up hopper in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Hopper or hoppers may refer to:
- A storage container used to dispense granular materials through the use of a chute to restrict flow, sometimes assisted by mechanical agitation
- A storage container used to collect granular materials designed to easily dispense these materials through the use of gravity.
- Hopper (spacecraft), a proposed spacecraft
- Hopper balloon, a kind of ultralight hot air balloon
- Hopper barge, a kind of barge
- Hopper car, a type of railway freight car
- Slant wagon, a type of wagon that is essentially a hopper; used in agriculture.
- Space hopper, a toy: a ball with handles for bouncing on.
- USS Hopper, a U.S. Navy destroyer
- Leafhopper, a member of the family Cicadellidae
- Treehopper, a member of the family Membracidae (typical treehoppers) or Aetalionidae
- The immature form of a locust
- Butterflies of the genus Platylesches
People, characters, and occupations
- Hopper (surname)
- Hopper, a character and the main antagonist in the Pixar animated film A Bug's Life
- one who harvests hops
- Edward Hopper, American painter of the 20th Century
- Urban entry-level drug dealers or drug dealers' aides—typically minors—are colloquially called hoppers.
- The Hoppers, a Southern Gospel family ensemble
- Hopper (band), English indie rock band
- Hoppers (game), peg solitaire game released by Think Fun
- Hopper (video game), a 1984 Frogger clone published by Acornsoft
- Hopper, a fairy chess piece
- Dish Hopper (DVR), a service of Dish Network known for its AutoHop commercial-skipping feature.
- Chief Jim Hopper, the police chief from 2016 web horror series Stranger Things
- H.O.P.P.E.R.S. or Hoppers, the nickname of the fictional Huerta, California, from Jaime Hernandez's Locas graphic novels published in Love and Rockets
- Hopper (food) or Appam or Aappam hoppers, a type of food in Tamil Nadu, Kerala and Sri Lankan cuisine
- The bill hopper, wooden box on the desk of the Clerk of the United States House of Representatives in which bills or resolutions to be voted on are deposited
- Hopper crystal, a type of crystal formation shaped like a hopper wagon
- a mountain and valley in the Hunza–Nagar District of Pakistan
- Lindy Hop dancers are called Hoppers
Notes and references
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Hopper.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.