Horváth & Partners
|Headquarters|| Stuttgart, Germany
11 offices in 6 countries
|Products||Management Consulting Services|
|Revenue||€ 132 million (2015)|
Number of employees
|> 700 (2016)|
Horváth & Partners is an independent, internationally operating management consulting company with more than 700 employees worldwide and 132 million Euro in sales. The company was founded in Stuttgart in 1981 and currently has eleven offices in Germany (Berlin, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Munich, Stuttgart), Austria (Vienna), Hungary (Budapest), Romania (Bucharest), Switzerland (Zurich), Saudi Arabia (Jeddah, Riyadh), and the United Arab Emirates (Abu Dhabi). The company focuses on projects in strategic management, innovation management, process management, organization as well as controlling and finance.
The company Horváth & Partners was founded by the university professors Péter Horváth and Erich Zahn as well as the entrepreneur Hans-Georg Winderlich as IFUA Institut für Unternehmensanalyse in October 1981. In the following years, employees entered the young company who significantly helped shaping the structure of the advisory group and who still hold important appointments in 2013: Bernd Gaiser, Michael Kieninger, Reinhold Mayer, Andreas Renner and Christof Schimank. After the death of Hans-Georg Winderlich and the separation of Erich Zahn in 1989, the Company was continued as IFUA Horváth & Partners GmbH. Together with his partners, Péter Horváth encouraged the development of new controlling methods (for example activity-based costing or the target costing approach) in his company. In the mid-1990s, he was involved in introducing the concept of the balanced scorecard in Europe.
In the 1990s, the organization grew to an international consulting group with offices in Budapest (1990), Vienna (1994), Zurich (2000), Bucharest (2005) and Abu Dhabi (2008). In 2000, the company re-organized itself: The Horváth AG was founded as a holding company of the Horváth & Partners group and issue-areas as well as industry expertise were bundled into competence centers. Péter Horváth took over the Chairmanship. Since this date, the newly created board and the partners are responsible for the management of the holding and its subsidiaries.
In 2006, the company became a member of Cordence Worldwide, an international network of independent consulting companies. In 2008, the company reached 400 employees and the group surmounted 100 million euro in sales for the first time. In 2012, the company was ranked ninth after Bain & Company in the German consulting industry by the business news magazine Wirtschaftswoche. In terms of turnover, Horváth & Partners is the fourth largest business consultancy with German origin.
Horváth Academy is an educational institution with locations in Stuttgart and Oestrich-Winkel that became an independent limited company of the Horváth & Partners group in April 2014. It is a joint organization with the European Business School aiming to provide executive education.
- F.A.Z.-Institut für Management-, Markt- und Medieninformation GmbH (Hrsg.): Consulting 2010 : das Jahrbuch der Unternehmensberatung. Frankfurt am Main : FAZ-Institut, 2009. - ISBN 978-3-89981-736-2.
- Company's official Facebook page, post from September 30, 2016.
- Lünendonk®-Liste 2016: Top 10 der deutschen Managementberatungen (Gesamtumsätze und Mitarbeiterzahlen 2015)
- Horváth & Partners: http://www.horvath-partners.com/Contact.16+M52087573ab0.0.html, accessed: 16 May 2013
- Horváth & Partners: http://www.horvath-partners.com/Company.19+M52087573ab0.0.html, accessed: 21 May 2013
- Cordence Worldwide: http://www.cordenceworldwide.com/member-firms.html, accessed: 16 May 2013
- Wirtschaftswoche: http://www.wiwo.de/erfolg/management/best-of-consulting-die-besten-berater-des-jahres/7397308.html, accessed: 4 August 2013
- Lünendonk-Liste: http://luenendonk-shop.de/Luenendonk-Listen/Luenendonk-Liste-2013-Fuehrende-Managementberatungs-Unternehmen-in-Deutschland.html, accessed: 4 August 2013
- European Business School: http://www.ebs.edu/artikel.html?&L=1&cHash=1cb16cadc4b57851a9d5736a15feec36&tx_ttnews%5Btt_news%5D=1634, accessed: 21 May 2013
- The Consultant: http://www.theconsultant.eu/news/horvath-partners-ramps-up-its.html, accessed: 21 May 2013