Hungarian Sport Horse
|It has been requested that certain historical revisions of this page be redacted under criterion RD1 (Blatant copyright violations) by an administrator, because the page's history contains significant copyright violations of https://web.archive.org/web/20021021210221/http://www.ansi.okstate.edu:80/breeds/horses/hungarwb/index.htm that have been removed in the meantime.
Note to the nominator: Make sure the page has already been reverted to a non-infringing revision or that infringing text has been removed or replaced before submitting this request. This template is reserved for obvious cases only, for other cases refer to Wikipedia:Copyright problems.
Note to admins: In case of doubt, remove this template and post a message asking for review at WT:CP.
Note to others: Please do not remove this template before an administrator has reviewed it.
|Conservation status||FAO (2007): no data:56|
|Country of origin||Hungary|
The Hungarian Sport Horse, Hungarian: Magyar sportló, is a modern Hungarian breed of sporting horse. Like the Furioso-North Star, the Gidran, and the Nonius, it was created at the Hungarian State Stud at Mezőhegyes, in Békés county in the Southern Great Plain region of south-eastern Hungary.:473 At the end of 2012, the total number for the breed was reported to be 1091. The breeders' association is the Magyar Sportlótenyésztők Országos Egyesülete, or Association of Hungarian Sporthorse Breeders.
- Barbara Rischkowsky, D. Pilling (eds.) (2007). List of breeds documented in the Global Databank for Animal Genetic Resources, annex to The State of the World's Animal Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture. Rome: Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations. ISBN 9789251057629. Accessed June 2017.
- Szabolcs Bene, S. Borbála Kecskés, J. Péter Polgár, Ferenc Szabó (2014). Comparison of live weight and body measurements of adult brood mares from different genotypes in Hungary = Különböző genotípusú kifejlett tenyészkancák élősúlyának és testméreteinek összehasonlítása Magyarországon. Journal of Central European Agriculture 15 (2): 1–11. doi:10.5513/JCEA01/15.2.1442.
- Valerie Porter, Lawrence Alderson, Stephen J.G. Hall, D. Phillip Sponenberg (2016). Mason's World Encyclopedia of Livestock Breeds and Breeding (sixth edition). Wallingford: CABI. ISBN 9781780647944.
- Breed data sheet: Hungarian Sport Horse/Hungary. Domestic Animal Diversity Information System of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations. Accessed June 2017.
- Magyar Sportló és Magyar Félvér Tenyésztők Országos Egyesülete (in Hungarian). Magyar Sportlótenyésztők Országos Egyesülete. Accessed June 2017.
- J. Posta, I. Komlósi, S. Mihók (2007). Analysis of genetic progress in the Hungarian Sport Horse population. Conference paper, 58th Annual Meeting of the European Association for Animal Production: Dublin, Ireland, 26–29 August 2007. Accessed June 2017.
|This equine-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|