|Products||Online Fundraising Tools|
iDonate is an online fundraising platform for charities and non profit organisations in Ireland. It was launched in 2011, and available to the more than 8,000 charities and non profit organisations in Ireland.
Formation and organisation
iDonate was formed in 2012 by entrepreneur Alan Coyne. Coyne was then technical director with Western Webs in Tuam, County Galway, and would later develop the iCrowdFund crowdfunding website, TENDO Giving Micro-donations App. and Charity Tax Back service.
The company uses the slogan 'Making Giving Easier' in their radio advertising campaign for fundraisers.
iDonate was the recipient of The SCCUL Entrepreneurship Social Enterprises Award in 2012, was a regional finalist in the Ulster Bank Business Achievers Awards in 2013, and was featured by Silicon Republic as "Tech Start-up of the Week" in July 2013.
The services available on the iDonate fundraising platform include :
- iDonate - a fundraising service for registered Charities and Trusts in Ireland.
- iFundraise Fundraising - for nonprofits who do not have charitable status, such as schools (primary & secondary), sports clubs, community groups and individual causes.
- Charity Tax Back - a service to remind donors that they have reached the threshold which allows tax relief on charitable donations.
- iRegister - an event registration system
- iCrowdFund - a crowdfunding website launched in 2014 and merged/closed by 2016.
- TENDO Giving - a micro-donations app which allows people to 'donate in kind' to charities and non-profits.
- "Irish Nonprofits Database: governance and financial information derived from the audited financial statements and/or other regulatory filings of more than 12,000 Irish nonprofits, including 8,000 nonprofit companies". Irish Nonprofits. February 6, 2012.
- "Company Registration Number : 350127". Government Department of Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation. January 1, 2008.
- "New iCrowdfund website launched by developers of iDonate.ie", Irish Tech News, 28 July 2014.
- "New Irish crowdfunding platform iCrowdFund.ie launches". Digital Times. July 2014.
- "Developers of iDonate.ie Launch New Crowdfunding Site: iCrowdFund.ie". Crowdfund Insider. September 2014.
- "Stripe-led app will help charities keep 100pc of donations". Sunday Independent. November 2, 2014.
- "Tuam app will let you give price of a treat to charity". Tuam Herald, Dublin Rd, Tuam, Co. Galway. November 5, 2014.
- "Company Registration Number : 424327". Government Department of Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation. October 10, 2010.
- "Classified Suppliers Directory". Fundraising Ireland, 10 Fitzwilliam Square, Dublin 2. June 1, 2014. Archived from the original on September 8, 2014.
- "iDonate Radio Advertising campaign". iDonate. May 1, 2013.
- "SCCUL Award". SCCUL Entrepreneur Awards, Ballybane Enterprise Centre, Ballybane, Co. Galway. November 2012.
- "Ulster Bank Business Achievers" (PDF). Small Business Can, c/o Ulster Bank Group Centre, George’s Quay, Dublin 2. March 2013.
- "Tech Start-up of the week". Silicon Republic, Digital Exchange, Crane Street, The Digital Hub, Dublin 8. July 29, 2013.
- "New tax-back initiative expected to boost charity donations by millions". The Irish Times. October 6, 2019.
- "Tuam based web company to introduce new e-signature process which could help charities receive millions of euro in additional income". Mid West Radio. Sep 28, 2019.
- "CHY3 Cert - Enduring Certificate" (PDF). iDonate.ie. Retrieved 20 November 2018.
By completing the CHY3 Form, you are allowing The Charity claim tax relief on this and any future donations to The Charity for a five year period.
- "IRegister- About Us". iregister.ie. Retrieved 28 September 2017.
We have integrated iRegister with iDonate [..] iRegister.ie and iDonate.ie are managed by eBookIreland Promotions
- "iCrowdfund.ie". Archived from the original on 14 September 2016.
iCrowdFund.ie no longer accepts CrowdFunding projects. We have now merged the site with www.iFundraise.ie where you can fundraise for your project.