|Directed by||Paolo and Vittorio Taviani|
|Written by||Paolo and Vittorio Taviani|
|Music by||Giovanni Fusco|
|Edited by||Franco Brogi Taviani|
The film combines actual footage of Communist leader Palmiro Togliatti's funeral with the intermingled stories of four people affected by his death: Ettore, a Venezuelan radical who abandons the wealthy Italian woman he loves to go back to his country and help his cause; Ludovico, an ailing filmmaker who finds out that art alone is not enough; Giulia, a woman who embarks upon a lesbian affair with a former mistress of her husband; and Ermanno, a philosophy graduate who breaks up with his past.
- Giulio Brogi: Ettore
- Pier Paolo Capponi: Muzio
- Lucio Dalla: Ermanno
- Fabienne Fabre: Giovanna
- Ferruccio De Ceresa: Ludovico
- Maria Cumani Quasimodo: Ludovico's mother
- José Torres: Rafael
- Feodor Chaliapin
- Vittorio Duse
- Gian Piero Brunetta. Dal miracolo economico agli anni novanta. Editori riuniti, 1993.
- Cinema nuovo , Edizioni 185-196. Edizione Dedalo., 1967.
|This article related to an Italian film of the 1960s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|