||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (October 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Hemant Mardia (CEO)
Morten Opstad (Chairman)
Ralph W. Bernstein (CTO)
|Products||Fingerprint Sensors and Biometric Software|
Idex ASA (Oslo Stock Exchange : IDEX) is a Norwegian biometrics company, specialising in fingerprint imaging and fingerprint recognition technology. The company was founded 1996 and is headquartered in Oslo. In 2013 Idex opened two U.S. based offices, one in Silicon Valley, California, and another in Boston, Massachusetts.
IDEX offers fingerprint sensor and biometric software for mobile devices, identity cards, banking cards, smart cards, access control and other security solutions. Fingerprint recognition is one form of biometric identification, other examples being DNA, face recognition, iris recognition and retinal scan as well as identification based on behavioral patterns such as speaker recognition, keystroke dynamics and signature recognition.
IDEX's SmartFinger Film sensor technology is based on polymer process technologies and offers small, ultra-thin and flexible swipe fingerprint sensors.
IDEX has demonstrated mobile phone-related technology implementations running on an Android platform as well as a technology concept for finger print sensors built into the cover glass of mobile phones. Finger recognition solutions for Apple iPhone and iPad using SmartFinger has been launched.
During 2013 IDEX added touch sensors to its planned product portfolio, in addition to swipe sensors. In November the company specified plans to deliver product samples of touch sensors by mid 2014.
IDEX develops and supplies biometric software and fingerprint sensor technology for mobile devices, cards and other embedded biometric applications. IDEX sells and markets their technology through partnerships with global companies, which include Ionics EMS, Faraday Technology, Future Electronics and Validus Technologies Corporation.
IDEX was awarded the Sesame Award for its SmartFinger Film fingerprint sensor technology at the 2010 SESAMES Awards ceremony in Paris, France.
At CARTES 2012 in North America, IDEX displayed the latest demonstration of products embedding the SmartFinger technology as well as the SmartFinger Secure Processor software and the new Smartfinger evaluation kit.
- "IDEX gets fingerprint sensor patent license with Apple and AuthenTec". Biometric Update.com. Retrieved 13 May 2013.
- "IDEX to present mobile device fingerprint sensor concept at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona". Biometric Update.com. Retrieved 25 February 2013.
- "S.I.C. Biometrics Unveils New Consumer Finger Recognition Solution for Apple iPhone 4 and iPad". InfoTech. Retrieved November 17, 2011.
- "IDEX and Validus Enter Into Strategic License Agreement to Supply the Next Generation of Biometric Powered Cards". Validus. Retrieved 23 July 2009.
- "IDEX and Card Tech cooperate, showcase technology". IDEX. Retrieved 10 November 2010.
- "IDEX interim report as at 30 September 2013". Newsweb. Retrieved 22 November 2013.
- "IDEX ASA and Ionics EMS Inc. Enter Into Strategic License Agreement". Ionics EMS. Retrieved 24 September 2009.
- "IDEX and Faraday Technology Form Partnership for ASIC Design and Mass Production". Faraday Technology. Retrieved 18 October 2006.
- "IDEX and Future Electronics partner for biometric authentication module". Future Electronics. Retrieved 17 October 2011.
- "IDEX finalizes global partnership agreement in mobile communication". Reuters. 10 May 2013. Retrieved 10 May 2013.
- "World Wide Touch Technology invests $5M in IDEX ASA". Biometric Update.com. Retrieved 3 September 2013.
- "IDEX secures additional strategic investment from world-class electronics manufacturer World Wide Touch Technology". Reuters. 23 September 2013. Retrieved 23 September 2013.
- "IDEX acquires PicoField, brings co-founders on board". Biometric Update.com. Retrieved 23 September 2013.
- "IDEX joins the FIDO Alliance". Planet Biometrics. Retrieved 29 October 2013.
- "Frost & Sullivan Celebrates Growth and Innovation at Awards Banquet". Frost & Sullivan. Retrieved 29 May 2009.
- "IDEX Receives The Prestigious SESAMES AWARD At CARTES". The Smart Sense. Retrieved 6 December 2010.
- "Cartes Nord-Amerika .They support CARTES in North America 2012". YouTube. Retrieved 1 March 2012.
- "IDEX showcases several demonstration products at CARTES". 4Traders. Retrieved 3 January 2012.