|Products||Public safety software|
InterAct, formerly known as InterAct Public Safety Systems, is a public safety software company based in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. Founded in 1975, InterAct is a major provider of public safety incident response software and public safety cloud technology. InterAct’s client base includes more than 2,600 clients in 40 states and across three continents.
InterAct products include computer aided dispatch, records management, mobile data, offender management, and the related technologies that support those functions. InterAct has pioneered developments in public safety cloud computing and data sharing.
InterAct developed the first triple screen super-enhanced E911 system in 1984, which is now an industry standard.
In 2012, InterAct announced the release of InterDEx, a next generation data sharing and agency interoperability platform. This nationwide platform allows public safety professionals to communicate with each other and share data with other agencies in different jurisdictions. The following year, InterAct expanded its partnership with Nlets, migrating the hosting of their RMS application to the Nlets data center and accelerating the deployment of the InterAct Public Safety Cloud.
Also in 2012, InterAct acquired JailTracker, a well-established jail management system that provides instant access to information about offender population and facilities utilization; including inmate physical description with photographs, incarceration history, inmate contracts, scheduled release dates calculation, inmate incidents, medication dispense, visitors and more.
InterAct released SafeTown in 2012, an app that allows residents to track police and emergency responder activity in real-time and report suspicious activity.
InterAct has partnered with Nlets, hosting their InterAct Records Management System (RMS) application in the Nlets data center.
- "InterAct Legal". InterAct. Retrieved 14 May 2014.
- "InterAct Public Safety Systems". Crunchbase. Retrieved 14 May 2014.
- "InterAct - About Us". InterAct.
- Jackson, William. "Cloud offers feds access to police data". GCN. Retrieved 14 May 2014.
- Perin, Michelle. "How InterAct's CAD cloud solution helps departments share everything". PoliceOne. Retrieved 14 May 2014.
- Freleng, Maggie. "New Mobile Application Increases Officer Safety on National Wildlife Refuges". US Fish & Wildlife. Retrieved 14 May 2014.
- "Computer-Aided Dispatch Resources". Dispatch Magazine On-Line. Retrieved 1 October 2014.
- "InterAct™ Announces InterDEx™, the Next Generation of Data Sharing and Interoperability". InterAct. Retrieved 14 May 2014.
- "InterDEx Overview" (PDF). InterAct. Retrieved 14 May 2014.
- "InterAct Introduces the InterAct Public Safety Cloud Powered by Nlets". Public Safety Communications. Retrieved 1 October 2014.
- "InterAct™ and JailTracker™ Join Forces". Retrieved 1 October 2014.
- Craver, Richard. "InterAct unveils new public-safety products". Winston-Salem Journal. Retrieved 24 July 2014.
- "Indianapolis debuts "Safe Town" app". WTHR. Retrieved 14 May 2014.
- "Fox 59: New Website Allows Residents to see 911 Calls, Give Tips to Police". InterAct Website. Retrieved 23 July 2014.
- "InterAct Expands Nlets Partnership for Cloud Offering". RadioResource Media Group. Retrieved 14 May 2014.