Ioane, Prince of Mukhrani
Ioane (Georgian: იოანე მუხრანბატონი, Ioane Mukhranbatoni) (12 December 1755 – 1 October 1801) was a Georgian diplomat and military commander. As the head of the Mukhrani branch of the royal Bagrationi dynasty of Kartli, he was Prince (batoni) of Mukhrani and ex officio commander of the Banner of Shida Kartli and Grand Master of the Household (msakhurt-ukhutsesi) at the court of Georgia from 1778 to 1801.
Ioane was a son of Prince Constantine III of Mukhrani. He succeeded to the headship of the House of Mukhrani on the retirement of his relative, Simon. He was a son-in-law and senior official of King Heraclius II of Georgia. In 1783, Ioane signed, together with Prince Garsevan Chavchavadze, the Treaty of Georgievsk whereby Georgia was promised a Russian protection and preservation of its throne under the House of Bagrationi. From 1786 to 1795, he was a military governor of the Erivan Khanate, Georgia's tributary state. He was responsible for putting down a revolt against Heraclius' hegemony in the Nakhichevan Khanate in 1786 and commanded elements of Georgian troops at the disastrous battle against the Iranian invasion of Tbilisi in 1795.
- Constantine IV of Mukhrani (1782–1842)
- Teimuraz Bagration of Mukhrani (1784–1833)
- Grigol Bagration of Mukhrani (1787–1861)
- Barbare Bagration of Mukhrani (1790–1843)
- David Bagration of Mukhrani (1793–1878)
- Tamar Bagration of Mukhrani (1798–1851)
- Irakli Bagration of Mukhrani (1800–1816)
- Gvosdev, Nikolas K. (2000). Imperial policies and perspectives towards Georgia, 1760–1819. New York: Palgrave. p. 55. ISBN 0312229909.
- Treaty of Georgievsk, 1783. PSRZ, vol. 22 (1830), pp. 1013-1017. Translated from the Russian by Russell E. Martin, Ph.D., Westminster College.
- Dumin, S.V., ed. (1996). Дворянские роды Российской империи. Том 3. Князья [Noble families of the Russian Empire. Volume 3: Princes] (in Russian). Moscow: Linkominvest. p. 58.
- Gechua, V. (1984). "იოანე მუხრანბატონი [Ioane Mukhranbatoni]". ქართული საბჭოთა ენციკლოპედია, ტ. 7 [Georgian Soviet Encyclopedia, Vol. 7]. Tbilisi. p. 231.
- Metreveli, Roin, ed. (2003). ბაგრატიონები. სამეცნიერო და კულტურული მემკვიდრეობა [Scientific and Cultural Heritage of the Bagrationis] (in Georgian and English). Tbilisi: Neostudia. p. Table 8. ISBN 99928-0-623-0.
|Prince of Mukhrani