From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Israel (song))
|Look up Israel in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
|Look up ישראל in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Israel commonly refers to the State of Israel. It may also refer to:
- Land of Israel, the geographic region between the Mediterranean Sea and the Jordan River, and various adjoining lands.
- The Holy Land, a common appellation for roughly the same region due to its theological importance to several religions.
- The Promised Land, in Judaism and Christianity, the land promised by God to the Israelites in the southern Levant.
- The Kingdom of Israel, which, among other places, may refer to:
- Kingdom of Israel (united monarchy) (1020 BCE - 931 BCE), the kingdom established by the Israelites and uniting them under a single king.
- Kingdom of Israel (Samaria) (931 BCE - 722 BCE), the secessionist kingdom of northern Israelites.
- Judea, also called Israel, as it is known in the Bible in Maccabees, the Gospels, and Acts.
- Israel, West Virginia, an unincorporated community
- Israel (name), a given name and family name
- Jacob, a biblical patriarch, later given the name Israel
- "Israel" (Siouxsie and the Banshees song), 1980
- "Israel" (Bee Gees song)
- Izrael (band), a Polish reggae band
- Israel (jazz), a jazz composition by John Carisi
- Israel Kamakawiwoʻole, Hawaiian musician
- The Twelve Tribes (disambiguation)
- Izrael (disambiguation)
- Palestine (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Israel.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.