Jamil bin Osman
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Prof Emeritus Dato Wira Dr. Haji Jamil bin Haji Osman|
|Born||Jamil bin Osman
March 5, 1950
Kepala Batas, Kedah
|Alma mater||University of Nottingham|
|Known for||Rector of Insaniah|
|Spouse(s)||Datin Zuraidah Binti Ahmad Murad|
Prof. Emeritus Dato' Wira Dr. Haji Jamil bin Haji Osman is a prominent scholar, professor of Islamic Economics, pioneer of Islamic banking and finance in Malaysia, Rector and CEO of Insaniah University College. Prior to working at Insaniah, he served as Dean of Admissions and Records Division (1989-1999) and Deputy Rector Academic Affairs (1999-2003) at International Islamic University Malaysia. He were awarded the title of Dato' for three times (Dato, Dato Paduka and Dato Wira).
He was born in 1950 in Kepala Batas, Kedah. He received his early education at Sekolah Kebangsaan Kepala Batas, and Sekolah Kebangsaan Padang Garong, Kota Baharu, Kelantan. In 1962 he was named as the overall best student in the state of Kelantan. In 1969 he joined Institut Teknologi Mara (ITM) where he pursued a four-year program in statistics. In 1985 he received a diploma in Islamic studies from Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia. Used to study in United Kingdom and was a lecturer in a University of Nottingham. He is married to Datin Zuraidah Binti Ahmad Murad and has four children : Ramzul Ihsan, Ahmad Muhaimin, Alia Hazwani and Irfan.
- Research Officer of MARDI, Serdang, Malaysia
- Lecturer, Institute Technology of MARA, Malaysia
- Founding member of KENMS, IIUM
- Deputy Dean of Economic Kulliyyah, IIUM
- Head of Economics Department, IIUM
- Dean of Admissions and Records, IIUM
- Deputy Rector (Academics), International Islamic University, Malaysia (IIUM)
- Representative of East and South East Asia (Director), IIIT
- Honorary Senior Fellow, IIUM
- Technical Adviser, UCSC
- President of Malaysian Institute of Statistics
He received the following awards among others:
- The title of Darjah Kebesaran Gemilang Seri Mahkota Kedah Yang Dihormati (DGMK) conferred by His Majesty Sultan of Kedah Darul Aman in 2011.
- The title of Darjah Paduka Mahkota Kedah (DPMK) conferred by His Majesty the 77th Monarch Tuanku Sultan of Kedah Darul Aman on April 17, 2005, which carries the title of Dato.
- The title of Darjah Indera Mahkota Pahang (DIMP) conferred by His Majesty the 68th Monarch Tuanku Sultan of Pahang Darul Makmur on October 28, 1998, which carries the title of 'Dato'.
- Honorary Service Award from International Islamic University Malaysia in 2000.
- Honorary Service Award from International Islamic University Malaysia in 1999.
- Professor Emeritus from International Islamic University Malaysia in 2016
- International Gold Medal Award Islamic Countries Society of Statistical Sciences in Doha, Qatar (2012)
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (March 2012)|