- Jazz box redirects here. For the guitar type known colloquially by this name, see Jazz guitar#Archtop guitars and archtop guitar.
Jazz Box or Jazz Square is a dance move seen in numerous dances of various styles: line dance, novelty dances, jazz dance, disco, hip hop, etc. The name comes from its basic footwork: its four steps form a square pattern.
Jazz square 1. step forward on right 2. step across with the left 3. step to the side with the right 4. step to the side with the left
- Step left foot across the right foot
- Step right foot back behind the left foot
- Step left foot sideways parallel to the right foot
- Step right foot forward in front of the left foot
- Repeat all
In particular choreographies, the pattern may start from any step of the sequence and may also be mirrored, i.e., started from the right foot.
Variants of styling are endless, including various arm and body movements, Suzie Q action on steps 1, 2, skips and hops at some or all steps, etc.
- Box Step, a similar footprint pattern, but without cross-steps
|This dance-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|