|Birth name||Timothy Gonzales|
|Also known as||Jimothy Lacoste|
|Born||1999 (age 19–20)|
Lacoste started posting music online in 2016, but his breakthrough track was "Getting Busy", released on Youtube on 28 July 2017. Since then, he has had a series of viral hits, and received considerable media attention in London and from music websites. Lacoste started performing live in 2018, including festivals such as Field Day, where he received positive reviews from The Guardian, which described him as "North London's viral wonderkid".
Lacoste's music consists of deadpan vocals laid over lo-fi midi beats. His lyrics reflect an optimistic worldview and usually relate to inane everyday scenarios. A review in The Guardian characterised his music as "absurd iPad pop". The success of his tracks online has been credited to the low-budget humorous videos that accompany them, which invariably feature Lacoste dancing alone or in idiosyncratic situations, and frequent visual references to public transport. His catchphrase, first mentioned in "Getting Busy", is "Life is getting quite exciting".
- "Dazed 100: Jimothy Lacoste". Dazed Digital. Retrieved 18 November 2018.
- Reed, Davy. "Meet Jimothy Lacoste, the north London rapper making life Quite Exciting". Red Bull Music. Retrieved 5 June 2018.
- Bulut, Selim (23 March 2018). "North London viral musician Jimothy Lacoste is a true original". Dazed Digital. Retrieved 5 June 2018.
- Beale, Steve (20 April 2017). "Crocodile Rock". Boy's Own. Retrieved 5 June 2018.
- Ravens, Chal (3 June 2018). "Field Day review – shifting sounds tighten up London's festival scene". The Guardian. Retrieved 5 June 2018.