Joe Kelly (author)
||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (June 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Joe Kelly (born 1954) is an American author known primarily for books on fathering.
Kelly was born in Northern New Jersey, and grew up in Ohio and Southern New Jersey. He attended LeMoyne College and graduated from the University of Wisconsin–Superior. Before working on girls’ and fathering issues, Kelly was a reporter, producer, and regional news director for Minnesota Public Radio.
He was co-founder, with Michael Kieschnick, of a national advocacy nonprofit for fathers and daughters in the United States, Dads and Daughters (DADs), which operated from 1999 until 2008. In 1993, he helped his wife Nancy Gruver to found New Moon magazine, edited by girls 8 to 14 years old.
Kelly is the author of several books on fathering.
- Kelly, Joe (May 14, 2002). Dads and Daughters: How to Inspire, Understand, and Support Your Daughter When She's Growing Up So Fast (hardcover 1st. ed.). Broadway. ISBN 0-7679-0833-3.
- Kelly, Joe (January 7, 2014). The Idiot’s Guide to Pregnancy for Dads (paperback ed.). Alpha. ISBN 978-1615644346.
- Kelly, Joe (April 2, 2013). The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Being a New Dad (paperback ed.). Alpha. ISBN 978-1615642472.
- Kelly, Joe (May 4, 2004). Pocket Idiot’s Guide for the Expectant Father (paperback ed.). Alpha. ISBN 1-59257-224-3.
- Maine, Margo; Joe Kelly (June 28, 2005). The Body Myth: Adult Women and the Pressure to Be Perfect (hardcover ed.). John Wiley & Sons. ISBN 0-471-69158-5.
- Kelly, Joe (May 14, 2007). The Dads & Daughters Togetherness Guide: 54 Fun Activities to Help Build a Great Relationship (paperback 1st. ed.). Broadway. ISBN 0-7679-2469-X.
- Wildes, Lyle; Joe Kelly (January 1, 2009). The Positive Attitude Development Workbook (paperback 1st. ed.). Duluth, MN: Whole Person Associates. ISBN 978-1570252280.
Awards and recognition
||This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (December 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- Parenting magazine’s 1995 Parenting Achievement Award: 1995 with wife Nancy Gruver
- iParenting.com’s Dad of the Year: 2001
- Women’s Sports Foundations Title IX Father of the Year: 2004
- Eating Disorders Coalition’s Activist of the Year award: 2004
- New Moon is the only child-edited publication to win the Parent’s Choice Foundation Gold Award multiple times.
Kelly and his wife have twin daughters, who were born in 1980.
|This article about a United States writer of non-fiction is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|