On February 20, 1998, John Haley pleaded guilty to one misdemeanor count of tax fraud to the Internal Revenue Service. On August 20, 1998, Haley was sentenced to three years of probation and eight hours a week of community service. He was fined $30,000 and ordered to pay back $40,000 to the IRS. He came into front page national news as a result of the Whitewater investigations.
- "John Haley, 72, Whitewater Figure". New York Times. 6 December 2003. Retrieved 23 February 2009.
- How Tucker hit big in bankruptcy court Part I, Democrat-Gazette, January 15, 1995 at the Wayback Machine (archived July 19, 2003)
- Case studies of the Clinton curse, Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, February 14, 1999 at the Wayback Machine (archived October 9, 1999)
- Caught In The Whitewater Net, CBS, May 19, 1998
- Caught in the Whitewater Quagmire, Washington Post, August 28, 1995; Page A01